Associate Director of Residence Life and Housing/Deputy Title IX Coordinator
The Associate Director of Residence Life and Housing/Deputy Title IX Coordinator is a full-time staff position that reports directly to the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students and Title IX Coordinator. This position has some weekend and evening commitments. This position is a live-off campus position responsible for the administration and operation of the residence halls and assists with the Title IX processes. The Associate Director of Residence Life and Housing/Deputy IX Coordinator is expected to enhance the living environment of the area through staff and student development, resident outreach, community building, attention to facilities, student conduct and Title IX process, and administrative organization in Residence Life and Housing. Some travel may be required.
Staff Supervision and Organizational Management
- Directly responsible to hire, train, and supervise two Residence Hall Directors.
- Facilitates and coordinates regular meetings for professional staff.
- Work cooperatively with campus offices including, but not limited to: Bursar, Registrar, Technology Services, Academic Affairs, Financial Aid, Counseling and Disability Services, and Health Services.
- Develop and revise as necessary all forms and information utilized in the administration of the residence halls.
- Plan and implement assessment efforts that inform data-driven decision making for the programs, services, and activities within the core duties.
- Coordinate openings and closings, oversee room furniture and key inventories, address and refer out maintenance concerns, participate in an on-call duty rotation, and handle other tasks relative to residence hall management.
- Respond to individual concerns of parents, students, and interested parties in relation to residential housing contracts and assignments.
- Participate in cross-training of staff members as needed.
- Performs regular evaluations and meets regularly with professional staff.
- Indirectly oversees training and development of residence hall student staff.
- Establishes and continuously evaluates goals and objectives for department.
- Coordinate communication for the department through print, website, social media, and other electronic formats with students, parents, staff, and campus constituents.
- Coordinate with the Facilities and Operations Manager to ensure an appropriate relationship is maintained.
- Design, create, and execute learning outcomes for both a residential programming curriculum and staff training/development.
- Create and manage emergency protocol response for residence hall staff and provide on-call support as needed.
- Represent the department at various System, College, and Division activities and meetings and serve on various campus committees and task forces.
- May be responsible for ordering supplies through the Board of Regents P-Card system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Operations Management and Billing
- Be the main liaison for the StarRez housing management system and work directly with StarRez and technology services to maintain the system.
- Coordinate the online housing and contract processes, maintain assignments activity, and implement best practices for occupancy management.
- Manage the assignment process for all residential students.
- Analyzes occupancy trends and recommends occupancy strategies and solutions.
- Manage and maintain the departmental housing databases. Provide reports, information, and data to various College offices on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of the Blackboard card system for the residence halls.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the room inventory system and the damage billing process.
- Oversee the fee assessment process for all student housing charges, prepayments, fines, and refunds to the Bursar’s Office for the academic year and summer session.
- Serve as a liaison to the Bursar’s office to coordinate the billing schedule and to identify delinquent student housing accounts and prepare eviction notices.
Deputy Title IX Coordinator and Student Conduct Responsibilities
- Serve as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator reporting to the Title IX Coordinator and also serving as a College student conduct officer.
- Assist the Title IX Coordinator with the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to compliance with Title IX and the Code of Conduct.
- Respond to, investigate, and seek resolutions to complaints received pursuant to Title IX and the Code of Conduct; ensuring a fair and neutral process for all parties.
- Assists the Title IX Coordinator with providing educational programs regarding discrimination and sexual misconduct prevention, including designing and implementing relevant programs, workshops, and services to educate students, faculty and staff.
- Assist law enforcement personnel in handling reports and complaints of Title IX and Code of Conduct complaints.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with campus and community partners to ensure the campus climate is equitable, safe and welcoming for all students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Assists the Title IX Coordinator with the review of data/records pertaining to training and complaints, investigations and findings, incorporating input from community partners, to assess effectiveness of campus efforts to prevent sexual misconduct and recommend changes, as appropriate, to senior administrators.
- Serve as a member on the Behavioral Intervention Team.
- Convey excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain daily oversight and review of student conduct and Title IX records for the department.
- Maintain a strong knowledge and appreciation of diversity and a sincere commitment to social justice and equality.