Director of Financial Aid
Director of Financial Aid
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
State College of Florida seeks a Director of Financial Aid
Location: Bradenton, FL
To view a full position profile, click here: https://summitsearchsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/SCF-DirectorFA_Profile.pdf
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment & Student Affairs, the Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the management, administration, and strategic direction of all financial aid programs, departments, and services offered by the College. The Director provides leadership for the packaging, delivery, and implementation of federal, state, and institutional student financial aid programs; coordinates and oversees audits, compliance reviews and account reconciliations; and ensures institutional compliance with relevant regulations and statutes. The Director also oversees federal work study and supervises Veteran Services. The Director will be responsible for the receipt of approximately $8.6 million in student loan checks and $1.5 million in scholarships checks annually.
• Provides oversight to all financial aid and veteran services functions. Prepares student expense budgets and yearly forms.
• Serves as member of the Enrollment & Student Affairs Executive Management Team.
• Develops and monitors the financial aid department budget.
• Supervises, evaluates and coaches financial aid and veteran services staff.
• Recommends, interprets, administers and updates financial aid policies ensuring compliance with appropriate federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Prepares all federal, state and institutional reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensures students are awarded correctly and the funds are applied properly and timely to the students' accounts.
• Prepares and implements annual department assessment plans.
• Coordinates the development, implementation and maintenance of automated financial aid systems with the College IT staff and regulatory agencies.
• Coordinates collaborative operational functions between various administrative units; specifically IT Services, Educational Records, Cashiering and Finance to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate disbursement of financial aid funds.
• Represents and interprets financial aid programs and issues for the College. Collaborates with Enrollment Services and Enrollment Operations to deliver financial aid programming to high schools and recruitment events.
• Remains current regarding all federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Earned master's degree in business administration, public administration, social sciences, or a closely related field from an accredited university; at at least five (5) years of progressively responsible leadership experience in Financial Aid, preferably at a state or community college; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Five years or more of supervisory and managerial skills should include staffing, performance management, training and development of people in Financial Aid;
• Comprehensive knowledge of all financial aid programs, needs analysis, EDE and other computer applications/data systems;
• Demonstrated proficiency in the management of financial aid need analysis and packaging;
• Ability to interpret federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid as well as scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents;
• Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to gather and compile data, prepare reports and respond to technical questions and/or complaints from College leadership, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community;
• Ability to perform duties under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands;
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate to students of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
• Must be skilled with third party software programs (word processing, spread sheets); databases, ERP/SIS, and other PC based applications. Banner ERP experience is preferred.
About State College of Florida
Established in 1957, State College of Florida (SCF) is an integral part of the community and a vital resource for students and their families in Manatee, Sarasota and surrounding counties. SCF is the region's first and largest public college, serving 27,000 college credit students annually at campuses in Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and Venice, and via online classes. Another 14,000 noncredit participants annually attend professional development and personal enrichment classes. SCF also offers a complete college experience that includes athletics, more than 40 student clubs and organizations, honors programs and student-centered academics.
Formerly known as Manatee Junior College/Manatee Community College, SCF has expanded its mission to include workforce baccalaureate degrees while continuing to focus on highly respected associate degrees that prepare graduates for university transfer and professional careers. SCF's flagship programs in health sciences are supported by state-of-the-art technology including patient simulators, electronic medical records, drug recognition system and medication-dispensing devices.
Consistent with the mission to provide quality learning to people of all ages through noncredit continuing education, community services and some credit-related activities, SCF's Corporate and Community Development Division offers year-round noncredit classes in workforce training, small business development, professional development, personal enrichment and driving safety through workshops, seminars, online classes and on-site training programs at area businesses.
Broadening the continuum of education, State College of Florida Collegiate School (SCFCS) opened in the fall of 2010. This tuition-free, sixth- through twelfth-grade public charter school is an innovative model influenced by the Swedish international school, which nurtures motivation and independence and ensures student success while guiding students toward higher education. Every year since its opening, the SCFCS has been graded an "A" school by the Florida Department of Education and the program has been recognized by US News & World Report with a bronze ranking for Best High Schools. SCFCS provides students with the opportunity to graduate simultaneously with a high school diploma and associate college degree.
SCF thrives as a dynamic college under the innovative leadership of Dr. Carol Probstfeld, who has served as SCF's sixth President since 2013. Dr. Probstfeld is leading SCF's efforts to boldly engage student, faculty, staff and community partners to achieve the goals of the college's 2015-2020 strategic plan, developed as a result of multiple surveys, focus groups and feedback sessions held across the community. Strategic priorities include ensuring accessibility to students in all geographic areas of the service region, developing a concierge-style student experience, engaging faculty/program managers/business and community leaders in collaborative curriculum development and establishing SCF's central role in the educational, cultural and workforce development of the service region.
In the first two years of the five-year plan's implementation, noteworthy accomplishments include:
• The acquisition of a 75-acre parcel in Northeast Manatee County (the fastest growing area in the College's service district)
• The addition of signature programs on the Venice Campus
• The implementation of multiple strategic enrollment initiatives
• The creation of a Leadership Development program to mentor employees
• The launch of a comprehensive communications and marketing plan
The College is a member of the Association of Florida Colleges, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the American Association of Community Colleges and the Florida Association of Colleges and Universities.
To read more about the strategic plan: http://www.scf.edu/Administration/President/strategic-plan/
For more information about State College of Florida, click here: http://www.scf.edu
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Inquiries, Nominations and Applications
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue through March 30, 2018. Applications submitted after that date will be reviewed on an as-needed basis. Click here to apply and be sure to include your resume and cover letter: https://summitsearchsolutions.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=apply&jobOrderID=10231973&portalID=5652
For nominations or further information:
Summit Search Solutions, Inc.
Direct: (828) 645-8967
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
Application URL: https://summitsearchsolutions.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=apply&jobOrderID=10231973&portalID=5652