Assistant Coach - Women's Volleyball
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Position Code: AVBCO
Job Type: Part-Time (19 weeks)
Position Schedule: Must be flexible to accommodate practice and game hours, which includes afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
The Assistant Volleyball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Volleyball Coach in the coaching, recruiting, conditioning, and training student athletes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in coaching an intercollegiate team; utilize coaching and teaching methods to develop student athletes' skills and teamwork.
- Help organize and conduct practice sessions.
- Represent Bay Path University and the Women's Volleyball Program in a professional manner.
- Works closely with Head Volleyball Coach.
- Schedule and organize team related activities.
- Develop team strategy and analyze performance of student athletes.
- Provide constructive feedback to student athletes.
- Plan, coordinate and attend competitions and practices.
- Drive student athletes to competitions as needed using provided university owned vehicle. (Must meet University driving requirements.)
- Encourage academic excellence, camaraderie, respect and acceptance in student athletes.
- Assist in the scouting and recruiting of student athletes.
- Assist in fund raising activities to subsidize athletic programs, marketing and/or public relations activities to promote program.
- Advise student athletes with personal, academic or athletic performance issues.
- Make referrals to appropriate University offices and services as needed.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Head Volleyball Coach.
- Ability to work flexible hours, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; previous coaching experience helpful.
- One (1) year experience in coaching or related activities.
- Knowledge of (NCAA) National Collegiate Athletics Association regulations, specifically Division III.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, analyze situations and develop solutions.
- Must be available to travel and work non-traditional hours.
- First Aid & CPR/AED certification.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Failure to successfully complete the course within the 30-day period is grounds for immediate termination.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.).
- Submit to and pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work within HIPPA and FERPA guidelines.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University will be a smoke- and tobacco free community effective July 1, 2018.