Beneftis Representative (Temporary Position)
Scope of Job
To administer and advise for all insurance, retirement plans, leave administration, and garnishment processing for the employees and retirees of UT RGV.
Description of Duties
• Coordinates and administers insurance, retirement, leave administration and garnishment programs.
• Ensures university-wide compliance to state, coordinating board, UT System and federal reporting requirements.
• Responsible for administration of health benefits, retirement plans, leave administration, and liaising with UT System, insurance companies, retirement providers and benefit vendors.
• Assists in the administration of Family Medical Leave Act and state Sick Leave Pool program by interpreting and applying statutes and policies and coordinates and performs the processing of applications, approvals, legal interpretations and other actions related to FMLA and Sick Leave Pool programs.
• Advises employees and retirees regarding Insurance programs and policies and recommends solutions for all related employee/retiree problems
• Coordinates garnishments, such as child support, bankruptcy, IRS, SSA and student loan garnishments, including checking for legality, notification of employee, and related duties.
• Assists in the coordination of updates to benefits and their processing as needed due to the Affordable Care Act and other legislation.
• Arranges for the Annual Benefits Fair dissemination of benefits information to over 42,200 employees and retirees.
• Conducts new employee orientation for new employees and exit interviews and briefings for terminating employees.
• Acts as a liaison for/with other UT component Human Resources Benefits Departments and managers and coordinates with Business Analysts regarding arising system issues.
• Advises employees on technical aspects of Teachers Retirement System, Optional Retirement Program and Medicare.
• Oversees physical control and maintenance of confidential FMLA and garnishment files.
• Coordinates Sick Leave Pool, including processing of applications, gathering of facts, information and updates and making a recommendation for approval.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Three (3) years of experience in benefits, retirement, leave administration or other related Human Resources experience.
• Experience may be substituted for education on a 1-on-1 basis.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
This position is a full-time, benefits eligible temporary position.
Ability to work with a variety of people. Planning and organizational skills are a must.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.