Director, Communication Strategy
The Associate Director, Communication Strategy is a leading position in the Communications and Marketing team. The role is responsible for the inception, creation, and maintenance of annual marketing and communication plans for select Enrollment Management and Student Success departments. The Associate Director will have a solid understanding of multi-channel marketing strategies and will offer recommendations for messaging solutions, which are grounded in research and best practice, to both external and internal audiences in a variety of media, web, print, mail, social, event, and more. The Associate Director will collaborate and serve as the Client lead as a member of a high-energy, full service communications department and will interact with students, faculty, administrators, as well as other communications offices. The role will contribute to the creative process as a leader of the strategic team. The Associate Director will guide the creative team via strategic briefings in order to brainstorm ideas; concept development, quality control and ensure assignments deliver on time and on budget. The Associate Director may supervise strategic partners such as agencies, freelance talent, video and interactive vendors, printers, and manage complex projects for the University. The Associate Director will also serve as a consultant to other areas of the University providing support where needed.
1. Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
2. Proven knowledge of marketing principles, market research, online behaviors, trends and technologies to identify and recommend communication strategies
3. Effective project management, organizational (attention to details are essential) and time management skills to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
4. Experience with Adobe products (InDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop) and Microsoft products (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel).
5. Must be self-motivated, confident, energetic, flexible and creative. Proven ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team.
6. Ability to manage a heavy volume of a deliverables in a deadline driven environment.
7. Ability to work weekends when needed is required.
1. Serve as key day-to-day Client manager supporting all areas of marketing and communications for client success.
2. Determines and executes the strategic direction for all publications, videos, interactive, direct response, email, advertising, and other marketing and communication tools for all of Enrollment Management and Student Success functions.
3. Consult and collaborate with Communications and Marketing (C&M) creative staff to develop, manage marketing and communication plans for Client and ensure that Client executes and deploys creative deliverables successfully.
4. Consults with and provides marketing and creative direction and services to other key University offices and units.
5. Consults and collaborates with Client, C&M Staff and Vendors to monitor and track activities based on selected metrics to develop measures needed to make adjustments and optimize campaign ROI.
6. Plan and support in the execution of Drexel's broad media and social media strategy.
7. Lead and provide project management support to marketing, publications, website, social media and multimedia committees.
8. Hire, train and supervise communication and marketing co-op student, when available. May supervise work-study or part-time students for marketing projects as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation. Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, and status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings. Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation. To apply for this position, please apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=83027 or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for Associate Director, Communication Strategy. The requisition number is 8719.