Job ID: 13798
Position #: 00014575
The Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, Department of Pediatrics, seeks a board eligible/board certified General Pediatrician to join its full-time faculty. Academic rank commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct patient care for pediatric patient population to include both outpatient and inpatient setting. Clinical care would include but is not limited to the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of disorders, consultations, acute care, ordering and interpreting lab results, developing treatment plans, patient/family education and various procedures.
- Maintaining and ensuring that relevant patient records are properly updated.
- Sharing weekday, weekend and holiday emergent/after-hours call coverage.
- Participating in mentorship and providing clinical supervision and consultation to residents/medical students/staff at Children’s Hospital of Georgia and developing a more in-depth educational experience for trainees.
- Providing training to residents/medical students/staff in pediatrics through didactics and clinical supervision.
- Participating in community activities, speaking engagements and educational support for students at local schools and universities.
- Participating in one (or more) departmental/institutional committee.
Successful candidates will have a proven history of excellent clinical skills, involvement with clinical research, and strong desire to be involved with resident teaching.
The Augusta University main campus is in Augusta, Georgia's second largest city. The city was recently ranked the second most favorable place to live in the State of Georgia. It is a growing city with a metropolitan-area population of around 400,000.
Augusta University is a thriving academic medical center that in the past decade has logged a 48 percent increase in student applications, a 25 percent increase in student enrollment, and a 146 percent increase in sponsored research. The University's Medical College of Georgia, the 13th oldest medical school in the country, was founded in 1828.
Augusta supports an active arts community with touring companies of Broadway productions, a regional ballet company, and a professional symphony orchestra. The cost of living is below the national average, yet the quality of life ranks well above that same national average. The largest lake in Georgia is our neighbor, and there are a plethora of beaches and mountains within a couple of hours drive.
The faculty at the Children’s Hospital of Georgia finds life in Augusta to be a perfect balance between big city and small town. Our faculty are active in the community: participating in local organizations, sporting activities, volunteer efforts, and other extracurricular events.
Community members proudly describe the area as a wonderful place for children to grow and families to develop. Topnotch school systems are located here, and include Davidson Fine Arts who is consistently ranked well within the top 100 High Schools nationally by US News and World Reports.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Medical degree from an accredited medical school/university, Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Pediatrics.
Must have or be eligible for a State of Georgia Medical License; DEA; CPR.
Academic rank, tenure status and salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.