Part-Time Office/Kitchen Assistant - Learning & Innovation Center,Sister Bay
Job ID 601802
Location Sturgeon Bay Region
Department: Learning & Innovation Center
Reports To: Manager, Learning and Innovation Center
Salary Grade: PTC
Position #: 07100275
LOCATION: Sister Bay, WI
HOURS: Approximately 20 hours per week. Flexibility is required, as hours will vary based upon customer/student need.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
This position will assist the Learning and Innovation Center (LIC) Manager in the daily operations of the facility; providing support to students, instructors, community partners, and guests and assist with the marketing of programs, courses, and initiatives. This position will also provide support with the operations of the commercial kitchen, including taking prospective processors through the steps to become licensed to process a food product in the LIC kitchen and ensuring a well-functioning facility.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide excellent customer service
- Process payments
- Create/order marketing materials, including social media
- Provide administrative support (contacting students, mailing materials, etc.)
- Provide video conference and/or technical assistance to students and instructors
- Oversee daily operations of the facility, ensuring safety, cleanliness, etc.
- Screen new kitchen food processor applicants and assist them with the licensing process.
- Operate, demonstrate, inspect, and maintain kitchen equipment.
- Ensure that proper procedures are in place for the kitchen and are followed in order to protect the food processors and college assets
- Keep in regular communication with the processors.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Education: Associate degree in related field
Experience: Three years of business related experience.
**An equivalent combination of work experience and education may be considered.
Ability to use computers to fulfill recordkeeping functions such as Word and Excel
Serve Safe Food Handler License preferred
Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the Districts standard insurance policy terms
N - Not Applicable
O - Occasionally - up to 33 percent of the time or 0 to 2.5 hours per day
F - Frequently - 33 to 66 percent of the time or 2.5 - 5.5 hours per day
C - Constantly - more than 66 percent of the time or more than 5.5 hours per day
10 lbs or less
Handling / Fingering
N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder
12 lbs or less
Squat or Kneel
Other Physical Requirements
? Vision ? Sense of Sound
? Sense of Smell ? Sense of Taste
? Sense of Touch
? Equipment Noise
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.