St. Edward's University
Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
Institutional Effectiveness and Planning Division
Reports to: Director of Institutional Research
The Program Analyst is a key member of the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. As directed by their supervisor, this role is responsible for supporting the implementation and analysis of assigned research projects. Analyses undertaken by this position will be in support of regulatory reporting, supporting external surveys, and institutional planning. In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research, the Program Analyst will implement and manage assigned research activities. This position will also serve on university committees providing oversight of systems and policies related to data collection and data analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Collect, validate, and analyze university data as directed to ensure the university meets all state and federal reporting and benchmarking requirements.
• Support implementation, execution, and submission of assigned national surveys or similar instruments (e.g., NSSE, FSSE, USNews, College Board, etc.).
• Support implementation, execution, and submission of institutional surveys (e.g., survey of graduating students, Alumni Survey).
• Support innovative approaches to dissemination of information to university constituents (e.g., Fact Book, facts-at-a-glance).
• Collaborate with the Faculty Evaluation Committee on the implementation, collection, and analysis of Course Evaluation instruments.
• Serves as point-of-contact for assigned ad-hoc institutional data requests by coordinating requirements development and request fulfillment.
• Coordinate with related offices for support and training of faculty, staff, and administrators to work with self-service data collections.
• Establish and maintain strong reciprocal work relations with other university offices.
• Serve as an active participant in the university's Data Governance Initiative.
• Participate in relevant regional and national associations.
- • Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, Master's Degree preferred
• Ability to set priorities and fulfill multiple concurrent demands on a self-directed basis, with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to use SQL programming language in a relational database environment to edit and maintain SQL queries.
• Demonstrated experience with data warehouses and operational data stores.
• Proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Proficiency with statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS, or similar).
• Experience with data visualization products (Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, PowerPivot, or similar).
• Experience with National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and related instruments (e.g., IPEDS)
• Experience with Qualtrics or similar solutions.
• Experience with qualitative analysis tools (NVIVO, SPSS-NLP, or similar).
• Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues with different areas and levels of technical expertise.
• Successful completion of an employment and criminal history background check is required.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff working together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students.
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply for this position at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/716915.html Please attach your rsum, letter of interest, and list of three references to the online application.
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. Summary information on the St. Edward's University benefits package can be found here.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer, and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.