Executive Director for the BSU Foundation and Director of Giving Programs and Campaign Initiatives
Executive Director for the Bridgewater State University Foundation and Director of Giving Programs and Campaign Initiatives
University Advancement is the fundraising arm of Bridgewater State University and works closely with all departments on campus.
The Executive Director for the Bridgewater State University Foundation and Director of Giving Programs and Campaign Initiatives will manage the day-to-day operations of the Foundation as well as the planning and implementation of a multimillion dollar campaign. He/she attends fundraising events, oversees the distribution of scholarships and grants and evaluates the effectiveness of past programs. As the face of the Foundation, he/she builds and maintains long-term relationships with key donors and potential donors. He/she works closely with the Foundation Board to accomplish the goals of the organization and especially with the Chairperson.
The Executive Director collaborates with others in the campus and external community to increase and maintain the Foundation's visibility. He/she attends events that may not be related to the Foundation directly to demonstrate the Foundation's role within the external community and to help insure that others will attend the Foundation's events. He/she is charged with setting a collaborative leadership example that will encourage cooperation and good working relationships with his/her staff, within the Board of Foundation Trustees and in the campus and external community.
All communications materials are approved by the Executive Director before their final printing to make sure they adhere to the Foundation's desired message and image. This includes annual and quarterly reports, newsletters, fundraising letters and event flyers, press releases and other marketing and advertising materials. This will require working closely with Marketing and Communications.
Working with the Foundation's Controller and financial advisers, the Executive Director prepares and proposes an annual budget to the board. The Executive Director presents the proposed budget to the board, explains increases and new plans from one year to the next, and is prepared to answer questions about budget items.
Position Type: Professional Non-Unit
1. Development and management of all prospect/donor tracking lists, matrices, and pipeline reports; Working closely with the Director of Advancement Operations
2. Coordination of all research efforts; Working closely with the Director of Advancement Operations
3. Development of cultivation and solicitation strategies for all prospective donors and coordination of cultivation and solicitation assignments; Working closely with the Director of Advancement Operations;
4. Development of all briefing papers, talking points, and presentation materials for all gift solicitations, including detailed information on the prospect, background, giving history, potential interests, and request strategy;
5. Design and management of the gift acknowledgment and recognition system;
6. Oversight, guidance, and management of fundraising committees;
7. Regular monitoring and oversight of campaign and annual fund activity, keeping the campaign on schedule and identifying and addressing issues as they arise; Working closely with the Director of Development.
8. Preparation of regular campaign updates and reports;
9. Resource and support campus leadership and volunteers in all fundraising activities.
10. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Foundation
11. Attend fundraising events.
12. Oversee the distribution of scholarships and grants.
13. Build and maintain long-term relationships with key donors and potential donors.
14. Work closely with the Foundation Board and the Chairperson.
15. Collaborate with internal and external community members to increase and maintain the Foundation’s visibility.
16. Work closely with the Foundation’s Controller and financial advisers.
17. Approve all communication materials from the Foundation.
1. Bachelor’s degree required,
2. Minimum ten years of development experience, including staff management and major gifts responsibility;
3. Excellent managerial skills;
4. Strong public presentation abilities;
5. Excellent writing and editing abilities;
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required;
7. Strong ethical and professional standards and the ability to motivate and inspire a commitment to the University’s mission in both staff and volunteers.
Master’s strongly preferred;
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $135,000-$145,000
Posting Number: S00301P
Open Date: 01/24/2018
Close Date: 3/18/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/10157
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.