This position supports the strategic marketing and communication goals of the University, its Colleges and operating departments by working directly with campus-wide customers to help shape effective marketing strategies that achieve measurable outcomes. The staff member reports to the Director of Marketing, and works frequently with team members to develop and implement communications strategies aimed at informing and influencing the universitys key audiences and stakeholders. Marketing team members develop and evaluate research-informed plans and campaigns, including: creating advertising, marketing copy, letters, memos, reports, and other forms of communication aimed at increasing enrollment, increasing philanthropic support, improving name recognition, and enhancing the prestige of Kennesaw State and its departments and units. The productivity level, volume of work, and enterprising nature of this professional position requires high output and an enterprising, results-driven approach to the role.
We are looking for a dynamite, self-starter to join our Marketing Team as a Marketing Specialist. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for effectively supporting campus clients in the successful planning and execution of a full range of marketing campaigns and services that include traditional, digital and social media advertising, SEO, SEM, content development, competitive analysis, market research and analysis, brand management, and SWOT analysis. The Marketing Specialist will be required to conduct intense market research, brand evaluation, competitive analysis and customer analysis. The Marketing Specialist analyses and manages SEO, SEM and digital KPI dashboards for gauging website and campaign performance. The specialist will be responsible for developing and managing comprehensive marketing campaigns and projects, including developing the campaign strategy, developing the tactical execution plan, overseeing the production process, managing the day-to-day project activities, and providing analytical analysis. The professional will play a key role in managing advertising and act as primary point of contact for units seeking marketing and advertising services; including creative development, messaging, plan development and ad placement. He/she will work collaboratively with university partners to achieve project objectives, milestones and deliverables, and campaign effectiveness reporting. In addition, the Specialist will work with the Strategic Communications & Marketing team to develop comprehensive marketing/branding projects in support of the University's strategic goals. As an integral part of the marketing team, the candidate should be a strategic and tactical thinker who can translate business goals and objectives into actionable marketing results. The position requires driving to multiple campuses, having a can-do and customer service attitude and be a team player.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with internal partners and/or key project stakeholders, understanding key stakeholder business strategies, objectives, and project expectations.
- Collaborate with Colleges, Admissions and departmental officials throughout the University to support their units marketing efforts and goals.
- Develop strategic plans and drive tactical execution to deliver brand awareness, lead generation and engagement within all marketing channels (Digital, Web, Social, SEM, SEO, Internal Resources, etc.).
- Develop campaign messaging, collateral, CTA, landing pages, email communications plans, etc. for campaign deployment.
- Collaborate with IT, Admissions, Colleges and department key stakeholders for review, feedback and approval of strategic direction, tactical plans and timelines.
- Manage project assignments, using appropriate internal and external resources (including, but not limited to, team members within the Strategic Communications and Marketing department, internal marketing/admissions automation and CRM systems, agency partners, freelance professionals, and PR/marketing firms).
- Plan and manage project communications, continuously monitoring project status, proactively managing changes, and effectively communicating on a regular basis with key stakeholders, including senior management. Ensure evaluation and analysis of marketing initiatives to determine effectiveness of implemented strategies.
- Analyze website SEO, make recommendations for updates, write content and partner with College webmaster and marketing coordinator to meet SEO and web goals and objectives.
- Utilize Google Analytics to analyze web performance, report KPIs and provide insights and recommendations for performance improvement.
Minimum hiring salary: $47,476
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field and 4 years experience in a Journalism or Public Relations background.
- 3 years digital marketing experience preferred
- Google Analytics Certified
- SEO BrightEdge Certified
- Higher Education Marketing
- Adobe Photoshop / In Design
- Filemaker Pro
- Project Management