#6521 EISC Learning Spaces Coordinator (Information Technology Consultant - Career), Instrctnal Tech
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on February 8, 2018. To receive full consideration, apply by February 7, 2018. The position will remain open until filled. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, permanent (probationary) position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Under general supervision of the ITS Project Manager, the EISC Learning Spaces Coordinator provides technical, operational, and scheduling support to conference rooms, collaborative spaces, and digital signage systems in the Engineering and Interdisciplinary Sciences (EISC) Complex.
As a member of the ITS Learning Spaces group, this position also assists with the construction, maintenance and support of classroom technology systems. Incumbent also assists with day-to-day operations of the ITS equipment loan service.
For more information regarding Instructional Technology Services, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $4,444 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,372 - $9,877 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
To enter this classification, a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study. Foundation knowledge and skills for the Information Technology Consultant, depending on the nature of the position assignment, may include working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and administrators.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and take appropriate action.
- Two or more years of experience providing academic technology support in a higher education setting.
- Experience evaluating and recommending audiovisual equipment for Smart Classrooms or classroom systems.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a broad range of audio and video equipment, including distribution and projection systems.
- Experience troubleshooting a variety of software and hardware issues.
- Experience with developing and delivering training.
- Knowledge web conferencing tools and technology such as Zoom, WebEx, Skype for Business, Google Hangouts.
- Knowledge of wireless technologies configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of digital display technology and configuration i.e. signage and information kiosk.
- Knowledge of analog and digital technologies and the ability to appropriately apply them in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of conference room and smart classroom systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with a broad range of computer hardware and software products, including both Mac and Windows operating systems and the Microsoft Office suite, as well as interactive and wireless display technologies.
- Ability to configure and interconnect conference room and smart classroom equipment and systems.
- Ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot conference room and smart classroom equipment, software and systems.
- Ability to diagnose equipment and/or system malfunctions and perform corrective action.
- Ability to train college facilitators, and ITS student assistants on smart classroom system installation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
Training and User Support
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support.
- Ability to apply interpersonal and communication skills in working with staff and users to asses needs and provide solutions.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.