#6514 Administrative Support Coordinator I, Enterprise Technology Services
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on February 12, 2018. To receive full consideration, apply by February 11, 2018. (The position will remain open until filled). The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, permanent (probationary) position. This position is designated non-exempt under FLSA and is eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Under the direction of the Work Order Lead and general supervision of the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) Resource Manager, the incumbent writes work orders (voice, data, incident, voice mail, authorization code), follows the work order through all tasks and closes the work order, which may include billing and cable records updates. The incumbents may provide consultation and pricing services to requestors, assists the Voice Technician Lead in assigning work orders to technicians, and assists technicians in meeting the campus technology needs.
For more information regarding ETS, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $3,333 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $2,846 - $4,711 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Knowledge of database administration principles and techniques.
- At least one year of experience working in a work order and billing system(s).
- One year of experience in a customer service environment.
- At least six months providing administrative support to IT professionals.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience
- Skill and experience with multi-line phone.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Extreme accuracy, checking work, especially with numbers, and a logical and analytical mind.
- Ability to resolve discrepancies in database and user information.
- Able to manage information for work orders.
- Knowledge of Mitel telephone equipment software and PBX switch.
- Knowledge of campus cable locations, i.e. cable plants and cable assignments, including knowledge of telecom/data installation procedures.
- Ability to analyze and gather information from floor plans to create work order with required specifications.
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide support with the work order process and telephone training.
- Knowledge of campus wide voices systems and campus cable.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.