Asst Dir Career Exploration
Job ID: 5216 - Unclassified - FT (Salary)
The expanding Center for Career Exploration & Success (CCES) is seeking three Assistant Directors to serve as dedicated liaisons to academic divisions including: 1) College of Engineering & Computing, 2) College of Education, Health, & Society, and 3) Farmer School of Business and Pathways to Business.
The Assistant Directors will work collaboratively with their respective Colleges to deliver career advising services and programs strategically devised for their students. In addition, these positions will develop relationships with employers, conduct career advising appointments, plan programs and leverage institutional data to drive decision-making about services for their populations. These positions will serve on the Career Development Team within CCES and will be a part of a growing career center striving to expand Miami’s Career Community and enhance individualized professional development to all students.
All applicants all will be considered for each of the three positions however applicants should rank order their preferences.
- In collaboration with supervisor and respective academic divisions, develop and execute career development strategy including employer development and relations, career advising, programs, and services to students based on institutional, divisional, and departmental priorities.
- Ensure communication and collaboration between the Center for Career Exploration & Success and appropriate academic departments, faculty, staff, and students, and student groups.
- Extend relationships with current employers and other external stakeholders (e.g. alumni and parents) who can support the success of students and cultivate relationships with prospective external stakeholders.
- (Assistant Director to Farmer School of Business and Pathways to Business position only.) Develop advising structures, mentoring opportunities, and programmatic ways to support non-business majors who are interested in pursuing careers in business. Support departmental efforts to work with career community stakeholders to develop academic and co-curricular pathways for non-business majors into careers in business.
- Support programming and outreach to under-served student populations as assigned and in collaboration with Career Center staff focused on this initiative.
- Teach first-year and/or career development courses as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of office-wide special events, programs, workshops, and career fairs, and other events as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in business, counseling, human resources, higher education administration, education, engineering, or a related field required by the agreed upon start date.
Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in career development, human resources or a related field
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.