Assistant Director, Alumni Relations & Lifelong Engagement
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 1,800 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Office of Advancement is seeking applications for an Assistant Director of Alumni Relations & Lifelong Engagement. The Assistant Director will assist the Director of Alumni Relations & Lifelong Engagement in all engagement activities. The Assistant Director will involve and engage alumni in the life of the university including but not limited to Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Senior Class activities, Student Alumni Board, Alumni and Parent Boards, Alumni Chapter Program, and other alumni engagement related activities. Create, plan, and execute all print and email communication and registrations.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, create, plan and execute all initiatives associated with the Wittenberg Advancement Office and Alumni Relations & Lifelong Engagement Office with a focus on the Alumni Chapter Program, Student Engagement (Student Advisory Board and Senior Class Officer Advisor), Homecoming and Reunion Weekend, Family Weekend, shepherd young alumni to engage with chapters and with the University, etc.
- Create all print and email communication for alumni activities and events, build all registration forms, and work with the Department of Communications to maintain website activity.
- Cultivate relationships and reconnect alumni and alumni donors to the University through volunteer programs, such as, but not limited to the Alumni Chapter Program and other on-campus volunteer opportunities.
- Manage and build relationships with student workers (3-5 students per semester).
- Serve as a positive member of the Advancement staff contributing towards achievement of goals related to Alumni & Lifelong Engagement, alumni participation (alumni giving), and the university community.
- Develop skills in the latest technologies (Salesforce, JotForm, EverTrue).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A bachelor's degree and 1 to 3 years of related work experience are required. We are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and a willingness to work weekends & evenings. Some travel is required. The job requires lifting up to 40 pounds and standing for long periods of time. Must have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination on our website.
To apply, please set-up an account and apply through our online system. As part of the application process, applicants will be asked to upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
- A cover letter
- Name, address and phone number for three professional references
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at (937) 327-7517.