Adjunct Instructor - Business Data Analytics
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University's learning community and teach courses on-campus, online and at our Lake Saint Louis, Sunset Hills, and Scott Air Force Base locations.
The John E. Simon School of Business is accepting applications for an ACBSP academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach finance undergraduate and graduate courses. The John E. Simon School of Business is accepting applications for an ACBSP academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach graduate level coursework in Business Data Analytics. Course subjects include, but are not limited to:
• Data Analytics
• Data Mining
• Data Visualization
• Forecasting and Predictive Modeling
• Descriptive Analytics
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University's mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
•Additional duties as assigned.
Master's degree in Business Data Analytics, Data Analytics or related field from a regionally accredited institution. Relevant experience in the field. Proficient knowledge of business analytics tools such as Power BI, SQL, DAX, and Tableau.
Master's degree and at least five (5) years experience with designing and implementing analytics solutions. Proficient knowledge of business analytics tools such as Power BI, SQL, DAX, and Tableau.
Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Business Data Analytics from a regionally accredited institution. Teaching experience at the college level and industry level certifications.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.