ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, CAMPAIGN OPERATIONS
Duties: Reporting to the Senior Director, Campaign Operations the Assistant Director, Campaign Operations manages projects around critical aspects of the university campaign, including the campaign Presidential tour, campaign volunteer management, communications, central priorities and goals, and campaign management.
This position works under the Senior Director's direction and in partnership with other members of the Campaign Office team, as well as other central services teams and school and center staff to ensure the initiation and implementation of new and existing projects to strengthen internal communication and collaboration between schools, centers and central Development and Alumni Relations units.
Note: while the title of this position includes 'campaign,' this position is a permanent member of the Development & Alumni Relations Central Strategic Planning & Services team.
Campaign Management and Strategic Initiatives
* On behalf of the Senior Director, Campaign Operations, gather and analyze original data and draft data-driven presentations and communications aimed at DAR leadership, Trustee-level volunteers, and all fundraising and alumni relations units.
* With minimal direction from Senior Director, Campaign Operations and AVP Strategic Planning, source original content and draft strategic briefing memos for DAR leadership, the University President, and Trustees.
* Working closely with the Senior Director, Campaign Operation, implement projects to support the exchange of information between the campaign office and the School and Center program.
* Responsible for departmental project management, working closely with Director of Strategic Initiatives.
* Working closely with the Director of Strategic Initiatives, draft and coordinate communications pertaining to tour/regional event marketing.
* In conjunction with the Senior Director, University Campaign Operations and Director of Strategic Initiatives, implement a strategic campaign event follow-up process in support of attendee cultivation and stewardship efforts: including drafting and disseminating targeted emails and social media messaging, and coordinating with Development and Alumni Relations Marketing and Communications (DARMAX) to manage the creation and dissemination of video and photographic content after each regional tour event.
* Work with the Director of Campaign Volunteers to coordinate the Host Committee process for regional Campaign Tour events and Penn to You events.
* Working with the Director of Campaign Volunteers, provide high level support for Leadership Campaign Volunteer events, including managing elements of the annual two-day Campaign Steering Committee Summit, in service to University leadership and Trustee and Overseer leaders.
* With minimal direction, manage other new projects arising around volunteer communications and stewardship in the campaign
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree required; minimum of 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in Development, with a portion of relevant experience in a complex education environment. 3-5 years of experience preferred. Experience must include data analysis, communications, and volunteer management, with direct support to volunteer boards and committees. Some frontline fundraising or stewardship experience a plus. Strong communications skills, both oral and written. Demonstrated ability working collaboratively across departments, units or areas within an organization
Reference Number: 90-27818
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: AVP Development Services and Campaign Initiatives
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration