Assistant/Associate Professor of Physics (F316)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Physics
Position Tracking Number: F316
School/College: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Department: Math and Physics
Location: Azusa, CA
The Department of Mathematics and Physics invites applications for a full-time faculty position in physics. Applicants with the ability to teach courses in optics, astronomy, computational physics, engineering, statistics, or applied mathematics may be given special consideration.
Currently, the department has 11 full-time faculty members. Our physics faculty teach physics major courses, service courses for other STEM majors, and general education courses in physical science, earth science, and astronomy. The department offers a strong physics curriculum which has improved significantly over the past few years.
- Teach upper- and lower-division lecture and lab courses in physics, general education science, and possibly in related disciplines, such as engineering
- Conduct research in physics involving undergraduate students
- Participate in mentoring and academic advising of undergraduate students
- Participate in department and university affairs
- May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
- An earned doctorate in physics
- Demonstrated ability to teach a broad range of undergraduate physics courses
- A commitment to teaching excellence in an undergraduate, liberal arts program
- Knowledge of the field with a record of scholarship and a willingness to conduct research in an undergraduate setting
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (Faculty members are required to sign a "Statement of Faith," available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook)
- Interest in and commitment to the integration of faith with the discipline
All candidates should have experience teaching physics at the university level and an active research program and/or relevant experience in industry.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.