Associate Director of Graduate Admissions
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for an Associate Director of Graduate Admissions position. As part of an established and successful graduate admissions recruitment team, the Associate Director will be responsible for recruitment of students for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program (MSPAS) and the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program (MSOT) to meet enrollment goals. The individual will report to the Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Work closely with the Director of Graduate Admissions and Graduate Program Directors to ensure enrollment goals are met as established annually.
- Responsible for assisting graduate candidates from inquiry through matriculation.
- Quickly respond to telephone, email, online and other inquiries from prospective students to ensure quality individual attention. Conduct on-campus information sessions in collaboration with faculty.
- Utilize established criteria and procedures to assist in the review of applications and relevant documents; make recommendations for actions on candidates for admission; participate as a member of the admission committee as necessary.
- Coordinate and manage the interview process for both programs.
- Work closely with program directors and faculty to develop a clear understanding of the program, pre-requisites, admissions criteria, the profession and related trends.
- Plan and attend recruiting events including, but not limited to on and off campus information sessions, open houses, graduate fairs, corporate career fairs, and professional organization events in the Bay Area and northern California.
- Create and maintain good working relationships, and foster partnerships with local Bay Area institutions, agencies, and professional organizations in the community to build awareness, identify new ways to connect with prospective students and to build an application pipeline.
- Will have specific duties related to communications, record management and review within the Slate (CRM), the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) system for the MSPAS program and the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS).
- Cross-training: Support admissions counselor colleagues in meeting with students, attending events, and other recruiting activities for all graduate programs.
- Communications: Develop a Communications Plan for each program in coordination with the Communications Coordinator in the Graduate Admissions Office. Develop surveys and focus groups post-enrollment to determine the needs and decision-making process of enrolled students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years admissions, higher education, non-profit or relevant healthcare experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering persuasive presentations
- Strong time management and organization skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as assigned and some travel required
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication, and problem solving skills
- Technology skills including: Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, presentation software, and social media experience.
- Master’s preferred
- Higher education, sales, marketing or related experience desirable
- Working knowledge of graduate school recruitment and admissions techniques and the factors that influence retention
Additional Position Information
- Open until filled
- Current driver license and satisfactory driving record required and must be maintained
- Extensive walking and lifting may be required
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.