Customer Service Representative, Facilities Parking
The Customer Service Representative performs a wide variety of front line customer service to the University community and external clients. This position works in the public eye answering questions, giving directions, fulfilling permit requests, and performing other such duties as is consistent with customer service. This position will also aid in the coordination of special event parking and liaison between customers, enforcement, and campus safety. This position is responsible for the management, adjudication and timely response to customers appealing parking citations. May assist in training new office or field personnel.
This position will work primarily at the customer service counter assisting customers with purchases and requests for information relating to parking on campus. This position will work with the administrative staff to fulfill permit requests and new permit orders. Will also perform other duties of an administrative nature.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, students or employees for the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages as well as to create and interpret graphical charts and complex financial reports.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in very fluid situations.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment that requires individual thought and initiative.
- Capable of facilitating the interactions and diverse needs of a complex organization.
- Ability to maintain professional standards of conduct during stressful and often emotional situations.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills, proven ability to deal effectivley with customers in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- High School diploma.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to be insured under the University's insurance policy.
- 2 years of work experience in a customer service position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- 2 years of experience with parking customer service.
- Knowledge of PowerPark Flex software.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m MST on Thursday, February 8, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Megan Enloe at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Facilities & Campus Safety may require the following background check statement:
- Offer of employment is based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
- All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Pre-Employment Physical, Drug Screen, Human Performance Evaluation and verification of employment and education.