Coordinator Career Services - Eastern Campus
Announcement is hereby made for the position of Coordinator of Career Services on the Eastern Campus in Riverhead. The Eastern Campus Coordinator of Career Services is a 12-month, full-time, tenure track faculty coordinator appointment beginning immediately.
Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
The Eastern Campus Coordinator of Career Services reports to the Eastern Campus Assistant Dean of Student Services/Director of Counseling. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
1. Provides individual and/or group education presentations pertaining to career, transfer, and academic advising to a diverse student population.
2. Manages, coordinates, and assists students in pursing co-operative/internship offerings consistent with college-wide procedures.
3. Assists students with building skills in job search strategies, including the development of resumes, cover letters, and interview skills.
4. Works collaboratively with faculty to integrate Career Services and Cooperative Education Services into all career/internship/co-op seminars and programs offered at the campus.
5. Coordinates the federal work study program for the Eastern Campus.
6. Serves as a resource for faculty, staff and students regarding experiential learning opportunities.
7. Participates in student advisement processes including, but not limited to, academic advising and interpretation of placement test results.
8. Offers career guidance and information for the purpose of career planning and development to students and alumni.
9. Prepares, plans, develops and implements career workshops, panels, presentations, and networking events to students, faculty and outside groups.
10. Initiates and maintains communication with businesses, industry and other organizations for the purpose of encouraging participation in experiential education, the recruitment and hiring of graduates and for solicitation of job listings.
11. Integrates technology to better disseminate information and manage communications, including social media vehicles.
12. Prepares written communication, reports, and multimedia materials for distribution, including student job placement statistics each semester, for dissemination to students, business liaisons, and College administration.
13. Participates in professional development activities to keep abreast of all current issues in this field.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Eastern Campus Assistant Dean of Student Services.
Master's Degree in student affairs, higher education, counseling, or related field. Minimum of 5 years of experience working with career services and/or co-op/internship opportunities. Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in planning and implementing career fairs, networking events, career-related conferences, and/or career exploration activities.
• Experience in counseling students and/or alumni on job search strategies, assisting with job search documents, and/or developing interviewing skills.
Click on the following link:
Select position #17-147 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.