Aviation Assistant Professor
Sacramento City College
Aviation Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00314P
Salary: $41,823 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience.
Closing Date: 03/05/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/5730
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The faculty member will be responsible for keeping all required Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) certificates current and in good standing, as well as maintain required skills and knowledge applicable to the courses taught. The faculty member will also work closely with the Department Chair and the FAA offices that authorize or approve Sacramento City College’s programs to keep the programs current with FAA regulations and maintain required documentation.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Aviation offered at the college in:
● Air Navigation
● Air Traffic Control Procedures
● Aircraft Dispatcher Procedures
● Airspace and Communication
● Aviation Weather
● Commercial Pilot (Ground School)
● Federal Aviation Regulations
● Instrument Pilot (Ground School)
● Large Aircraft Systems and Performance
● Private Pilot (Ground School)
● Safety and Human Factors
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, AND two years experience as a Professional Pilot (Non-CFR 121), AND two years experience as an Aircraft Dispatcher, or two years experience as a Pilot-in Command (per 14 CFR, Part 121); OR, an associate’s degree, AND six years experience as a professional pilot (Non-CFR 121), AND six years experience as an Aircraft Dispatcher; OR, six years experience as Pilot-in-Command or Aircraft Dispatcher (per 14 CFR, Part 121 operations); OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Hold and maintain a FAA Certificated Flight Instructor certificate with Airplane and Instrument Instructor ratings; OR, hold and maintain an Advanced Ground Instructor Certificate and Instrument Ground Instructor Certificate, by August 23, 2018.
3. Hold and maintain an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, by August 23, 2018.
4. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.