Senior Financial Analyst
Dominican University of California is seeking an energetic and accomplished Financial Analyst to join our budget team. The Financial Analyst will become a key member of a team that develops a multi-year, strategically aligned university budget. Our team works with constituents to provide data-driven decision support; as well as revenue and expense projection models. Under the direction of the AVP of Resources and Planning, this position will be responsible for the analysis of revenue and operating data, including multi-year projections, trend analysis and variance analysis.
- Analyze and project operating expenses and revenue.
- Work closely with Center and Budget Managers to analyze expenses and effectively allocate budgets.
- Work closely with Center Managers and Budget Team to prepare quarterly financial analyses.
- Assist in developing the multi-year University Operating Budgets, working closely with the Budget Team and Center Managers.
- Assist in the effort to revise the revenue and expense budget each Fall as necessary based on enrollment figures and other updated information.
- Support development of personnel expense models to ensure accurate projection of all personnel expenses.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Payroll to understand the various systems and processes involved in personnel expense management.
- Actively participate in relevant meetings.
- Develop executive summaries and visuals to support the information needs of various constituents.
- Develop and review financial models and templates with appropriate university constituents; collaborate to understand and meet information needs.
- Establish system controls and develop procedures to strengthen existing systems.
- Prepare and maintain process and procedure documentation, and identify areas of improvement.
- You will partner with Finance, Institutional Research (IR), HR, Assessment, etc. to integrate relevant data into the budget development process.
- Actively seek and implement process improvements to support stakeholder information needs.
- Provide excellent support and follow-up to all stakeholders, provide follow-up.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant business degree
- Minimum four years of experience in financial analysis, planning or comparable field
- Strong analytical skills, adept at variance analysis, projecting revenues and expenses
- Ability to create complex, reliable and sustainable financial models
- Strong MS Office skills, advanced excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Ability to accurately complete projects in a timely manner, often working with constituents who have competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works and collaborates well within a team environment
- Provide a service-oriented approach to clients, both internal and external
- Higher Education experience
- Statistical modeling
- Advanced degree or CPA
Additional Position Information
- Open until filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.