Administrative Assistant – President’s Office
Responsible for meeting the demands and activities of a multi-faceted college president whose professional life also includes fundraising, teaching, orchestra conducting, scholarly writing, and lecturing.
- Activities include, but not limited to assisting the Executive Assistant with: answering phones; scheduling meetings (Google calendar); prioritizing, distributing, and responding to mail; taking dictation; drafting and proofing correspondence.
- Direct and process, with tact, professionalism, and good judgment, all inquiries and/or requests from students, parents, staff and trustees, as required.
- Maintain appropriate office filing system, including but not limited to, filing, retrieving and record retention.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required.
- Ability to function in a highly charged environment; remains calm under pressure.
- Must possess superior organizational and administrative skills.
- Must be able to multi-task with accuracy and proficiency.
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet & Email
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Maintain high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and patience in all circumstances.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Able to sit, stand, use equipment including computer, telephone, copy machines.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, the names of three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/48590
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.