Application Systems Analyst
- Responsible for the supervision, implementation, administration, modification and maintenance of web-based and non-web-based parking services based computer system and applications. These systems can be both hosted and non-hosted solutions.
- Provides the technical foundation for a variety of operations and project leadership; coordinating and integrating the work of others.
- Works independently under overall project objectives and requirements. Produces innovative solutions for a variety of complex problems.
- Assists staff in identifying and describing business problems or opportunities that might be addressed either by implementing a new system, or by modifying an existing system.
- Investigate such problems and opportunities by gathering requirements, performing feasibility studies, and researching existing solutions.
- Analyze business requirements in detail and prepares functional specifications as appropriate.
- Define and document solutions including requirements, data, workflow, processes, hardware, software, etc.
- Test existing and new systems.
- Constantly reviews and updates systems.
- Accountable for the technical integrity of the system. In addition to technical skills, requires business knowledge, interpersonal skills, and problem solving skills.
- System administration of Parking Services servers including operating system, networking, application software, web sites, intranet, and other systems.
- Some database administration and maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform as backup IT support staff for Facilities as needed.
- Works with IT on server requirements, maintenance and ensures.
- Parking is compliant with University policies.
- Ability to implement customer support strategies to provide excellent customer service to clients.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize, prioritize goals and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report work activities.
- Language Skills: Be able to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications, in English.
- Must be able to write, analyze and consult with computer experts.
- Mathematical Skills: Be proficient to the degree required by the technical aspects of webpage design, E-business applications, and other IT related activities.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to integrate the needs of internal and external customers with the design limitation of our computers and the IT standards of the university.
- Able to perform server management, hosting support and coordination.
- Ability to develop and produce queries in Oracle, SQL, and MS applications and databases.
- Ability to develop and produce Crystal reports.
- Experienced in using the principles of application systems development, to analyze, test, implement maintain, and document IT projects.
- Familiar with web site design and management.
- Ability to design innovative and creative solutions to integrate across multiple hardware and software platforms to streamline operations and improve results.
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems or a combination of education and commensurate professional experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in web-based application design, development, implementation, and maintenance required including user-interface.
- 1-3 years of experience with computer hardware deployment and management along with Windows server management.
- Valid driver's license and ability to be insured under the Universities insurance policy.
- 4 years of experience in related field
- Prior experience in the parking industry.
- Prior experience in a computer service related field.
- Microsoft certifications.
- Project Management certification.
- Experience with all aspects of parking services operations.
- Principles and practices of application development and trouble shooting.
- Familiar with T2 Flex, Genetec LPR, CALE, ParkMobile, or similar parking systems.
- Familiar with Ungerboeck event management system.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Thursday, February 8, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about this position, please contact Jim Anderson at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.