PTS - GAIN 3 Employee
Job ID 601635
Location Green Bay
How To Apply
Gain³ gives high school students with disabilities the opportunity to gain work experience at NWTC and exposure to a college environment. The integrated work opportunities will be made possible through partnerships between NWTC and area school districts.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Trades & Engineering Technologies Department
•Assist instructor with organization of supplies, tools, material, equipment, and stock as needed per department.
•Preform minor maintenance on related power & hand tools as needed per department.
Book Store/Coffee Shop
•Cash register operation/taking orders
•Customer service/Friendly and Inviting
•Restock as needed
•Take out trash, clean dining area
•Prepare coffee, teas other drinks
•Receiving/stocking books and supplies
•Ability to lift 50 pounds
IIT Duties (Future Opportunity)
•Organize cables and adapters
•Assist with projects as needed
Office Duties (Future Opportunity)
•Help with all assigned projects
Facilities (Future Opportunity)
•Assist staff with duties as assigned
•Meet the needs of the staff
•Assist with cleaning tasks
•Assist security as needed with parking lots
•Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
•Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
•Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: To be eligible to participate in the Gain³ program, students must be between the ages of 16-21, enrolled in a high school district, and have the following:
• Documented disability, as evidenced through IEP.
• Recommendation from the work experience teacher job developer at current school district.
• Need for transition services as identified by IEP team and documented on IEP.
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance during high school.
• Exhibited socially responsible behavior in school and community settings.
• No disciplinary action for the past two years (presently no BIP in place).
• Ability to perform basic personal care functions.
• Ability to communicate personal wants and needs.
• Ability to be left unsupervised for limited time.
• Ability to use public transportation or make arrangements for own transportation.
• Desire to become independent and receive transition services.
• Desire to participate in integrated settings through integrated employment.
• District support through paraprofessional available for student employment.
• Demonstrated a level of independence to communicate independently with NWTC as an employer. Parental and guardian contacts/updates will be maintained with school district paraprofessionals.
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.