Part-time Aviation Dispatch Technician (Open Pool)
Part-time Aviation Dispatch Technician (Open Pool)
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus which supports three additional locations. Situated on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the Front Range.
1. Perform opening and closing tasks as designated on opening and closing checklists.
2. Dispatch flights (serve as final safety checkpoint for security regulations, proper logbook endorsements, weather limitations, flight currency, flight plans approved and filed, etc.)
3. Verify aircraft maintenance and repair logbook records for accuracy and completeness as required by federal regulations; make determinations regarding airworthiness (go/no-go decisions); complete "Return-to-Service" authorizations as required.
4. Provide instructional support by opening and closing flight tickets, providing students with headsets, oil, Jeppview, AFDs, depositing flight funds into students' accounts, assisting flight instructors by copying documents and delivering messages.
5. Schedule flights for students and flight instructors as required, maximizing aircraft utilization while ensuring parity in aircraft assignments.
6. Accommodate students when flights are canceled due to mechanical or weather problems.
7. Confirm online schedule requests , confirm waitlist clearing with students and instructors.
8. Answer and direct incoming telephone calls.
9. Provide other customer services to students, visitors and flight instructors as required
10. Document outcome of all scheduled flights.
11. May be required to perform Line Technician duties or other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Must be well-informed in Aims flight policies, procedures, and practices as defined in the Aims Flight Operations Manual as well as knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Regulations, Parts 43, 61, 91, and 141.
2. Must possess a Private Pilot Certificate.
3. Must be knowledgeable in meteorology as it applies to a safe flight environment.
4. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, be detailed oriented, possess exceptional telephone skills, and be customer service oriented.
5. Must have a good driving record (approved to drive Aims vehicles).
Approximately 25 hrs per week. Availability to work 7:00 am to 12:00 noon and/or 12:00 to 5:00 pm a minimum of two times per week Monday through Saturday.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/141
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current private pilots license?
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Other Document