University of Redlands
POSITION CODE: 3978
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: January 19, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Reporting to the Manager, Instructional Technology Services, the Instructional Designer will be responsible for providing assistance and support to faculty in the development of instructional materials for face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses, including active and project-based learning, as well as flipped classroom projects/assignments. This person will work collaboratively with faculty/subject matter experts to assist them in the development of interactive and engaging course materials including video, graphics/animated components, and varied assessment activities to pedagogically augment face-to-face, online, hybrid, project-based, and flipped learning.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Supports the daily operations of the Center for Digital Learning using instructional technologies such as Learning Management Systems (Moodle), lecture capture, video recording & conferencing, and multimedia development.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to develop multimedia elements (including audio, video, and graphic/animated components) to support face-to-face, online, and hybrid learning development efforts.
- Assists in the set-up and delivery of training related to technology necessary to support online, hybrid, & project-based learning, including teaching in the flipped classroom mode.
- Explores, designs, develops, and delivers face-to-face and online workshops for faculty and staff on current and emerging instructional technology tools and topics.
- Assists in the support and development of training materials and online tutorials for instructional technologies including, but not limited to Learning Management Systems (Moodle), Student Response Systems, Video Development/Capture Tools, Synchronous/Asynchronous Collaboration Tools, Web 2.0 & Social Networking Tools, Augmented and Virtual Reality Tools, and Mobile Apps & Hardware.
- Works with various committees and staff/faculty/administrators in the development of various technology-related long term and short term strategic plans on topics such as effectual use of technologies and pedagogies for online learning and various other initiatives.
- Manages software and hardware available for check-out to faculty, including providing the related training and support.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and ongoing support of online learning and other technology-related initiatives.
- Responsible for faculty outreach on technology support and training programs and initiatives.
- Manages participant registration and enrollment as it pertains to the training and development efforts at the Center for Digital Learning, as well as center's usage data.
- Remains up-to-date on developments in instructional technology and in online and hybrid teaching and learning and related technology fields.
- Works collaboratively on assignments within teams as well as independently with minimum supervision.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Information Systems, or a related field is required. Master's degree in a related field is preferred. A minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a similar position is required. Experience in developing, managing, and/or delivering online/hybrid courses and various media in support of education and/or professional development efforts; Experience in the support and management of Learning Management Systems (e.g. Moodle, Blackboard, etc.; however, Moodle experience is preferred); design and delivery of face-to-face and/or online workshops on topics related to technology and pedagogy is required. Familiarity with the usage of Open Educational Resources (OERs); Experience in developing various media (audio, video, animations, graphics etc.) in support of online, hybrid, and flipped teaching and learning. The candidate must be proficient in the pedagogy of online/hybrid teaching and learning. Candidate must be efficient in working on multiple instructional design and related projects concurrently. The successful candidate must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent time management skills. He/she must be proficient in the use and support of contemporary instructional technology tools (e.g. Camtasia, Softchalk, Captivate, Articulate, Audacity, etc.); social media and web 2.0 applications; graphic production technologies (e.g. Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Muse); experience in video production and support is a plus; animation development technologies (e.g. Flash) and general productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office 365); familiarity and understanding of instructional development using Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and 3D materials is preferred; educational usage of cloud-based tools such as One Drive, Office 365, & Google. Preferred candidates will possess: experience in teaching and/or training in the online or hybrid environment; experience in using Adobe Creative Cloud (Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc) as an instructional design team member/leader, in development of online/hybrid course content; experience in hosting and teaching in a webinar format using tools such as Zoom, Skype, etc.; familiarity and/or experience in supporting active learning strategies and spaces (eg: makerspace); experience of assessment at the curriculum and course level in the online and face-to-face environment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE