Director Application Support
This position will serve as a key management team member of the Enterprise Systems & Services (ESS) department and will represent ESS in the absence of (or as designated by) the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director. Under the general direction of the Executive Director for Enterprise Systems & Services (ESS), this position will provide the leadership, vision and direction for the Application Support team within ESS. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader, excellent communicator, have demonstrable expertise in project management and is customer & team focused. Manage and supervise assigned technical and support staff; work closely with stakeholders from across the University to define and implement technology enhancements and solutions. This position is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, integrating and maintaining enterprise-level application systems.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.? Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.?
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 7+ years comparable/related experience; management/supervisory skills are required.
- 3+ years of experience providing direct management and supervision of multiple IT staff members is required.
- Must be familiar with the privacy and protection of sensitive data (i.e. FERPA, HIPAA, etc.).
- Must have a thorough understanding of and familiarity with information technology and related trends.
- Proven ability to work with vendors and external consultants in implementing hosted and non-hosted solutions is required.
- Must have a proven ability to facilitate problem-solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff and senior management.
- Must have the expertise and proven track record successfully supporting business applications; SaaS highly desirable.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent project management, presentation and documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to link work prioritizes to business imperatives.
- Strong understanding of the relationship between applications, databases, operating systems, processing platforms, storage platforms, networks and data security.
- Experience overseeing the implementation and support of enterprise-level applications is strongly preferred. Familiarity with Banner and other University supported applications is a plus.
- Experience with integrating applications with LDAP and Active Directory is a plus.
- Experience in supporting application both at the server (Windows 2008 or higher) and desktop levels in a networked environment is preferred.
- Expertise in leading and managing a large professional IT staff (10+) is preferred.