Assistant Vice President (AVP) for the Office of Information Technology
Kutztown University invites applications for the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for the Office of Information Technology. This position serves as the university's Chief Information Technology Officer, overseeing all information technology enterprise-wide strategies, policies, and planning. This position also serves as the university's representative for Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education wide initiatives as Chief Information Technology Officer.
The mission of the Office of Information Technology is to provide the highest quality technology resources, in a cost-effective manner, and implement efficient systems, processes and solutions, based on best practices and industry standards, in accordance with the Kutztown University mission. Effective and efficient technology resources and processes, networking and telephony resources and processes, ResNet network access resources and processes, and server and security resources and processes are vital components to the University's mission to provide a high quality education to all students.
Reporting to the Provost, the AVP for the Office of Information Technology/Chief Information Technology Officer provides executive leadership for the university's Office of Information Technology. This individual will work collaboratively with senior administration, academic deans, faculty, and staff to develop effective information technology operational plans and approaches. This position will provide executive leadership for the delivery of services to support academic, residential, and administrative computing including: classroom technologies, distance learning technologies, and microcomputer laboratories, computing networks and telephony, information system infrastructure and security, university academic and administrative ERP Information Systems. This can include, but is not limited to, data management and reporting, office personal computing, mobile computing, and help center services. This individual is responsible for all strategies impacting Information Technology services and operations, including all personnel, budgets, equipment, and facilities.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited University
- Minimum ten years of progressively responsible experience in information technology at the Director position or higher
- Five years of recent related technology experience including hardware and infrastructure systems, security, server technology, audio visual learning systems, data system architecture, and software systems
- Seven years supervisory experience in a large, complex multi-unit Information Technology department requiring the ability to identify appropriate training or development for assigned personnel, team building, and accountability for results of the department and/or overall successful operations
- Experience managing an operational department having an organization wide impact
- Strategic leadership experience and demonstrated ability to lead and support the University's information technology needs by providing options and working collaboratively
- Experience developing strategic and long-term goals, policies and procedures for the Office of Information Technology
- Experience developing strategic relationships and to assess the needs of all stakeholders across the university; and the ability to identify new technology and plan for immediate and future needs
- Excellent communication, prioritization and customer service skills
- Experience in budget and contract management
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Doctorate in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited University
- Information Technology experience in a higher education setting
- Experience teaching in higher education
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
For more information on the Department of Information Technology, please visit: https://www.kutztown.edu/about-ku/administrative-offices/information-technology.htm.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application system only. Applicants should attach the following items to the online application; 1) A cover letter that addresses how the applicant meets the requirements and/or the preferred qualifications, 2) Resume or curriculum vitae, 3) Contact information for a minimum of three professional references.
Completed applications received by February 21, 2018 will receive full consideration, and the search will continue until the position is filled. Successful on campus interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance and FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions. The anticipated salary range would be between $130,000 and $145,000 commensurate with experience.