Senior Administrative Assistant, Institutional Advancement
Under the direction of the Senior Advancement Officer, the Senior Administrative Assistant (Senior AA) is responsible for the coordination of overall office support functions of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Administrative Support to Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA) and Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement (AVPIA):
- Provide overall administrative support for the VPIA and AVPIA including but not limited to maintaining his/her calendars, scheduling appointments and meetings that may include catering and media services, conferences, and travel arrangements.
- Assist VP and AVP on special projects as assigned.
- Provide general reception and administrative support including but not limited responding to phone inquiries and scheduling appointments, greeting and welcoming guests.
- Serve as central contract person and information provider for the Office of Institutional Advancement; answer questions related to routine office procedures, etc; provide direction for administration, staff, visitors, etc. as they relate to the office.
- Prepare meeting agendas, take meeting minutes, and disseminate in a timely manner to meeting attendees.
- Maintain Institutional Advancement filing system, including written documentation of all processes.
- Record active and inactive files in Banner for easy access; provide reports from Banner as requested; provide Banner support as directed.
- Process office expenditures to include invoice and purchase order completion.
- Coordinate, complete, or assist with all departmental mailings handled both internally and externally (mail-merge of letters, printing, stuffing, mailing, etc.).
- Maintain supply inventory and process supply orders as needed.
- Monitor, respond to, and disseminate incoming and outgoing mail twice daily.
- Maintain a professional appearance for advancement office.
Gift Administration, Reports, and Records:
- Coordinate all aspects of processing philanthropic gifts including, pledges, receipts, recording, acknowledgement and recognition.
- Prepare reports and constituent lists as requested.
- Make data entries into a variety of database systems to ensure accurate records of information are maintained.
- Update and maintain all constituent records.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating special events to include but not limited to dinners, reunions, and Homecoming/Family Weekend; capture and record RSVPs for events and activities.
Work Study Students:
- Recruit, interview, hire, and schedule student workers as needed and approved.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and assign tasks to student workers.
- Monitor hours worked and measure performance of student workers.
- Utilize and draw on customer service, analytical, and problem solving skills to assist the Vice President of Institutional Advancement in the initial reception and point of contact for the Office of Institutional Advancement, while setting the protocol as to the appropriate tenor for professional interaction.
- An Associate’s degree is required.
- A minimum of five years office administration experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Intermediate computing skills and efficiency utilizing complex computing applications on the systems and programs of College’s choice; currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite, Banner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working in a college setting with proven technical abilities across a variety of software systems, relational databases, and web-based programs.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.