Assistant Professor of English
- Doctoral degree in English
- Expertise in multicultural literature (e.g., African-American, Hispanic, Latino, non-western)
- Experience in Literary Theory desirable
- A primary interest in, and firm commitment to, student-centered teaching.
- Applicants with two years of college teaching experience may be given preference.
Responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Teach a four/four load, including general education and upper-level English classes.
- Participate in academic advising, committee work, planning and assessment, other College and community service, and professional development.
- Other such duties as assigned by the chair of English.
A complete application will include
1. a letter of interest
2. a separate statement of teaching philosophy
3. a current curriculum vita
4. three signed letters of reference written within the last three years
5. unofficial transcripts of all college and graduate work (Official transcripts will be required prior to an offer of employment.)
Dr. Kerri Allen, Chair
Department of English
Dalton State College
650 College Drive
Dalton, GA 30720-3797
Position is available August 2018. Review of completed applications will begin March 1 and will continue until the position is filled.