Assistant Professor, Elementary Education
Lewis University, a comprehensive, Catholic university located in Romeoville, Illinois, is seeking an Assistant Professor of Elementary Education. This is a full-time, non-tenure track appointment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- To model, teach and promote the unit standards for the College of Education to become a critical transformative educator, a multicultural educator and a social justice advocate.
- To teach courses in one or more of the following areas: foundations of education, child development, elementary curriculum and instruction, and assessment.
- To mentor and supervise teaching candidates in the elementary classroom through field and clinical experience.
- To teach four courses in both fall and spring semesters.
- To recruit and advise teacher candidates and provide support from admission through completion.
- To participate in faculty governance and provide service to the College and University through committee involvement.
Minimum Qualifications: Earned doctorate or significant work toward the completion of a terminal degree required. Previous K-6 teaching experience and licensure. Demonstrated potential for teaching in higher education. Strength in developing and working in a collaborative community with students, colleagues and the elementary community at large.
Preferred Qualifications: Earned doctorate in education. Background in English as a Second Language, assessment and literacy methods strongly preferred. Knowledge of program assessment including the edTPA, Illinois licensure and accreditation preferable. Evidence of scholarship and research in the field. Experience working in diverse educational settings and with diverse teaching candidates.
To be considered and for a full description please visit, http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2786
Lewis University, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Inspired by the University's Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.