Career Services Manager
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Career Services Manager position. Reporting to the Dean of Students, this individual is responsible for managing the services and programs provided by the Office of Career Services. The manager will provide career counseling to students and alumni, to assist with their career planning needs and the implementation of their career plans. This position will also provide leadership and assistance in the planning, coordination, and facilitation of career services, programs, and events. The Career Services Manager will act as the liaison to the “Center for Dominican Experience” and will work with academic and integrative advisers in developing and implementing programs for students focused on career exploration and preparation.
- Provide career planning counseling to students (and alumni when appropriate), including choosing a major, career exploration, and the career-decision making process in both individual and drop-in sessions.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff in developing and providing career exploration and job skills workshops, classroom presentations, and specific programming for students.
- Advise students (and alumni when appropriate) regarding the job search process including resume writing, interviewing, and job search strategies.
- Support students with disabilities and diversity by keeping updated on counseling methods and appropriate career-related resources - including career assessment inventory programs.
- Assist students with graduate school planning including researching, decision-making, and the application process.
- Serve as employer relations liaison for campus; establish connections with potential employers and external companies/organizations.
- Participate in university orientations and events.
- Create promotional materials including flyers, handouts, forms and posters.
- Distribute electronic messages to promote events to students and recruiters.
- Maintain the Dominican Career Network and technical aspects of the program; includes employer registrations, reviewing job listings, and special features such as resume approvals and books, e-mail blasts, reports and surveys.
- Assist with researching new career-related technology and software as appropriate.
- Assist with organization and maintenance of career library and technology resources.
- Perform related duties as assigned or required to meet Career Services and University goals and objectives.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, with a concentration in Career Counseling in Higher Education, preferred
- Knowledge of job search skills and job market
- Knowledge of career theory and student development
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong project coordination and organization skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage and maintain information management systems and web-based technology
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to solve problems and situations independently, with tact, compassion and discipline
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.