Job Title Instructor, Psychology
Position Type Faculty
Tenure Information Tenure Track
Position Code 3FSS06 FTE 1
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $62,035 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Arts and Humanities
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Psychology for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
1. Teach psychology course(s) in accordance with college catalog, schedule of classes, course outlines, course syllabi, and any departmental guidelines.
2. Aids in the development of curricula, including individual course syllabi as assigned.
3. Serves on campus and District committees.
4. Actively pursues and participates in professional development activities to enhance skills in various modes of instruction and knowledge of learning.
5. Works with colleagues to select appropriate textbooks for departmental adoptions, and abides by departmental decisions for textbooks.
6. Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success.
7. Maintains student attendance records.
8. Evaluates student performance and learning.
9. Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students.
10. Assists in District commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures.
11. Evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s in psychology
Bachelor’s in psychology
Master’s in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience or social work
OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THEESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.