Certified Nursing Assistant Instructors, PT
Job ID 600850
Location Green Bay
Full/Part Time Part-Time
Department: Health Sciences
Job Order 600850
August 17, 2012 UPDATED August 10, 2015
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of qualified Certified Nursing Assistant Instructors to draw upon as needed. Part-Time faculty are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future part-time faculty opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: District Wide. Classes could be held in Green Bay, Marinette, Sturgeon Bay, Crivitz, Luxemburg, Niagara and/or Oconto Falls.
HOURS: Hours vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, Health Sciences
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
NOTE: Interested applicants should indicate their desired location on their resume.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related field preferred, minimum of an Associate Degree in related field
- A minimum of 2 years successful occupational experience as a Registered Nurse with at least one year in long term care or 2 years in Home Health caring for geriatric clients.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years.
- To meet DHS requirements, completion of a DHS approved Train the Trainer program or its equivalent prior to teaching first class.
- Licensed as an Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Wisconsin or a state belonging to the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Must be eligible for certification under the Administrative Code of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
- Ability to work in a team environment
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for instruction and evaluation of students in the classroom, nursing labs and at clinical sites.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail. Transcripts, however, may be added at any time.
EOE- NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, national origin, or other protected status.