Part-time Shipping and Receiving Assistant
Job ID 601735
Location Green Bay
Department: Shipping and Receiving
Reports To: Procurement & Distribution Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: Day travel 3-5 times per week
Salary Grade: PB
Position #: 07100124
LOCATION: Green Bay
STANDARD HOURS: 12-20 hours per week. Approximate hours to be worked are Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm, with flexibility required.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY*: $12.41/hour.
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide assistance to the Shipping and Receiving Department in the preparation, movement, tagging, shipping, and accounting of materials and supplies delivered to and received at various departments and locations throughout the Green Bay and other campus locations of the college.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Ability to safely operate dock equipment, including forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Scan and log incoming receipts and outgoing shipments and deliveries.
- Deliver items to various campus locations, driving College delivery vehicles.
- Pack, seal, label, and prepare items for shipping.
- Communicate with shipment carriers and suppliers concerning scheduled receipts and deliveries.
- Assist with reserving and scheduling fleet vehicles for college staff.
- Provide general day-to-day operational support activities.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Friendly-Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor towards others.
- Organized-Processing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Prior shipping/receiving dock experience desirable.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Computer Skills: Familiarity with basic PC programs used in shipping operations (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel), Email, ERP systems (i.e. PeopleSoft), package scanning and recording systems.
Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms. Ability to handle and lift heavy objects (i.e. 50 lbs.) on a regular basis.
Certifications and or licensures required:
Ability to attain OSHA forklift certification.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision, sense of touch, sense of sound, and ability to wear Personal, Protective Equipment (PPE).
Periodic exposure to dust, fumes, equipment noise, and cold and hot weather indoors and outdoors.
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.