Work Study - Student Leadership and Development Artys Pantry and Office Attendant
Work Study - Student Leadership and Development Arty’s Pantry and Office Attendant
Student Work Study
This position supports the office of Student Leadership and Development in its mission to provide students significant leadership experiences, building and maintaining relationships with students, cultural awareness, social and civic responsiveness, and activities that complement course objectives and subject matter to promote and advance student retention and completion. Student Leadership and Develop oversees programs and events on campus. A new program will be the addition of Arty's Pantry with a focus on addressing food & hygiene item insecurities. Aims is creating a pilot program that will provide students with access to pantry that will include food, personal hygiene items and limited school supplies.
1. This position will assist the Executive Director of Student Leadership & Development in the day to day operations, primarily related to Arty's Pantry. Specific task areas may include, but are not limited to:
2. Assist in the distribution of items from Arty's Pantry;
3. Inventory stock in Arty's Pantry on a weekly basis;
4. Maintain appropriate appearance & cleaning of the facility ;
5. Assist in marketing and logistical support;
6. Accessing Banner to verify enrollment/student status;
7. Research projects on food pantry best practices;
8. general office administrative support; and providing support as needed in the execution of special events/programs;
9. Assist in the main SLD office when Arty's Pantry is closed. Duties could include: making student/employee IDs and maintain log sheets of them; collecting parking permit registration information and issue the permit; selling bus passes & maintain log sheets of them
10. Perform other tasks as assigned by Student Leadership & Development Executive Director and staff
1. Proficiency in MS OS and Office products - Word & Excel as well as Aims Google email and Google Docs
2. Must exhibit professionalism, dependability, strong organizational/problem solving skills.
3. Demonstrate the ability to work with limited supervision
4. Strong oral and written communication skills
5. Strong interpersonal skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
7. Willingness to help others with good customer service skills and maintain a positive attitude with students, faculty, and staff.
8. Post high school education/skills required in computer knowledge.
9. Accurate keyboarding skills
10. Ability to lift items 20 pounds or heavier.
11. Willingness to be flexible with schedule if necessary.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
2. Excellent interpersonal skills
Hours vary according to student schedule - Monday through Friday, 9am-6:00pm, occasional evenings or weekends.
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu.
If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
A committee based on completed application materials will conduct initial screening.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
1. Cover letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements
3. Work Study Authorization Form
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2888
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Work Study Authorization Form
- Other Document