Part-Time - Chemistry Instructor (ECHS)
Salary is based on the Aims Community College Faculty Salary Schedule (plus Early College High School adjustment) and dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Part-Time - Chemistry Instructor (ECHS)
Position begins Fall Semester, 2017
Position: Part-time, nine-month
Location: Early College High School - Greeley Campus and Windsor Charter Academy
The Early College High School program at Aims Community College is a partnership with Windsor Charter Academy and Early College Academy (Greeley). The Early College High School program gives high school students the opportunity to earn a high school diploma while subsequently earning an Associate of Arts degree.
1. Maintain compliance with the provisions of the College's part-time faculty position description including teaching to develop, implement, evaluate and update the purpose, philosophy, objectives and organizational framework of the program.
2. Maintain compliance regarding all faculty responsibilities enumerated in the College Policies and Procedures.
3. Maintain compliance with the requirements of the Early College assignment, including contract days, work-day schedule, and participating in Early College events such as New Student Orientation, Student Registration, In-Service Days and Parent/Teacher Conferences as specified in the Early College Faculty contract addendum.
4. Support comprehensive and competent student academic advising, as assigned.
5. Provide effective and high quality instruction in all levels of course offerings by continually refining and modernizing curriculum so that it remains educationally sound and meets the high standards of the College.
6. Design, implement, and evaluate curriculum using written plans.
7. Post and maintain teaching and office hour schedules.
8. Use alternative delivery technology in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning.
9. Embrace and apply the provisions of the institutional Mission, Vision and Philosophy.
10. Apply learning-centered educational practices such as creating and communicating clearly defined outcomes for student learning.
11. Participate in assessment of student learning outcomes.
12. Teach at any Early College location as assigned.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Master's degree in Chemistry or a closely related subject with 18 graduate hours in Chemistry.
2. Evidence of ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
3. Minimum of 9 credits of college teaching experience.
1. K-12 teaching experience
2. Experience with concurrent enrollment or dual enrollment programs
3. Experience using technology in the classroom, or teaching online
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/1971
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document