Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing
Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing
Position Number: 000360
Full-time or Part-time: Full Time
Department: Dept of Management, Marketing & Entrepreneurship (MME)
Posting Number: 0401156
SHRA/EHRA: EHRA (Faculty)
Job Category: Professional
Hiring Range: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
Minimum salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
Maximum salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
Overall Position Competency: EHRA
Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
THIS POSITION IS BEING RE-ADVERTISED - PREVIOUS CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED AND DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY
Fayetteville State University College of Business and Economics is seeking an individual with a passion for teaching marketing to join a dynamic faculty team. This is a fixed term full time position for one year beginning Fall 2018. The person hired will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate (MBA) courses in marketing and related courses in support of the Marketing concentration offered in the College of Business and Economics.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Engage in scholarship in the areas of curriculum/course development, active research, and quality service;
• Teach classes in marketing and related fields (depending on the qualifications of the person hired), with a 3/3 teaching load;
• Serve as academic advisor for undergraduate/graduate students, guiding their professional development as well as their academic progression;
• Assist with university and community service consistent with the mission of Fayetteville State University.
Description of Work Continued:
Fayetteville State University is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina System. The School of Business and Economics (SBE) is accredited by AACSB International and the faculty is ranked among the top 100 business schools in the U.S. by SSRN. The School provides an attractive and collegial academic environment with a strong focus on teaching, service, and community relationships.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Doctoral degree in Marketing or related field from an AACSB accredited school; ABD's will be considered.
2. At least two to three years teaching experience and willingness to teach a variety of marketing courses such as marketing strategy, service marketing, and personal selling/sales are desired.
3. A record of relevant industry experience is highly desirable.
4. A record of published research in peer reviewed marketing journals is desirable.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
Teaching and instruction for groups of individuals; ability to communicate
effectively, orally and in writing with peers and students; ability to work
effectively and productively with others; time management skills, and ability to
work with minimal supervision.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.