Department: Professional and Continuing Education
This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefit based position with an anticipated assignment end date of June 30, 2018. Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting primary and secondary market research efforts, enrollment analysis, and marketing assessment, as well as assisting the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager with implementation efforts for program-specific multi-channeled, integrated marketing and communication plans for Continuing Education programs including: booking of media, lists, career and educational portals, print, broadcast, referrals, and Web activities for social media and search activities for each program assigned.
Detailed Description	:
Supports primary and secondary market research efforts, enrollment analysis, and marketing assessment:
• Support secondary research efforts in completing the Ability to Promote, demand size, competition set, and industry intelligence as directed using specific data collection spreadsheets.
• Support the development of primary research reports including graphs and charts to display findings.
• Assist in the research of marketing channels for specific audiences as support for assessing the ability to reach the target audience and build a marketing promotional plan.
Assist the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager with implementation efforts for program-specific multi-channeled, integrated marketing and communication plans for Continuing Education programs including: booking of media, lists, career and educational portals, print, broadcast, referrals, and Web activities for social media and search activities for each program assigned:
• Assist in the production of marketing pieces by external vendors including designers, printers, marketing services and mail processing providing marketing assets needed for jobs, such as, logos, photos, final copy, branding standards, etc.
• Facilitate the approval process of all marketing efforts.
• Maintain the library of electronic marketing assets, such as photos, images, logos, HTML email, brochures, flyers, etc.
• Implement electronic and online marketing efforts for database communications including: the setup and scheduling of email blasts, content entry into templates and reporting of performance.
• Identify and compile media kit information for advertising opportunities.
• Secure bookings of advertisements including processing of contracts and agreements.
Assist in the monitoring, tracking and report development on all campaign activities:
• Track projects for each Professional and Continuing Education promotional print, television, Web, radio advertising, social media and direct mail marketing of programs/courses assigned.
• Support tracking of inquiries from potential students for courses, certificates, and degrees from national, regional, and local audiences.
Support the Marketing Team to implement and maintain website and social media sites to find and acquire student prospects:
• Enter and format website content pages.
• Update website information, such as, schedules, news releases and articles, testimonials, as needed.
• Assists social media efforts to update posts, monitor site activity, respond to comments, etc.
• Maintain the databases providing updates with new contact information, and cleanup of contact records with undeliverable, discontinued and unsubscribe requests and communications.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in related field, preferably in Marketing or equivalent product management and/or ad agency work experience.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of marketing concepts.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word, Internet search, and social media.
• Experience with HTML and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Working knowledge of project management process.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability.
• Basic knowledge of analytical skills.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Salary: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application and be sure to upload your resume for full consideration. In addition to your resume, you are strongly encouraged to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.