Assistant Professor of Music
The Assistant Professor of Music is a full-time, nine month, tenure track position in the College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Visual and Performing Arts and Media Studies. This position also serves as the Assistant Director of the FVSU Band program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate level courses in a face-to-face, online, or hybrid format
- Coordinate on-going curriculum development activities to include web-based courses to accommodate traditional and nontraditional students
- Advise undergraduate students; actively participate in recruitment of students
- Develop and maintain positive community relations
- Serve as the Assistant Director of the FVSU Band
- Coordinate the purchase of equipment, instruments, uniforms and music for the Band Program
- Serve on College, Departmental, and University committees
- Seek external funds to support program activities and student scholarships
- Assist with and attend music-related events at the university and within the community
- Participate in the continuous assessment of student learning outcomes
- Provide service to the university and professional organizations
- Assist students in acquiring Internships and job placement
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Master Degree in Music required - Doctorate Degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Accomplished abilities as an upper brass/woodwind skill musician
- Demonstrated ability in teaching undergraduate music students and associated course work in Music Theory
- Must have training in assessment and collaborative learning strategies, and in the use of both creative and critical thinking techniques in teaching and learning
- Experience and/or ability to teach web assisted and/or online courses
- Travel required on occasion to attend performances on evenings and weekends
- Working outdoors Practice fields and game day performances on football field
Walking for extended periods of time and band performing with repetitive tasks.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume/CV, copies of unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.