Director of Institutional Reporting & Compliance
This position serves as the reporting and compliance officer for the University and reports directly to the General Counsel. However, projects will also be assigned from the President and Provost.
This Director is responsible for timely collecting, analyzing, reporting, and filing institutional data and reports with federal and state agencies as mandated by law. The position requires an understanding of the University’s various reporting requirements pursuant to applicable federal and state statutes.
This Director, in consultation with the General Counsel, works to maintain an effective University-wide compliance program by providing education, training, support and coordination; develops and maintains University policies and procedures; identifies areas requiring risk management through periodic review and assessment of compliance activities and data; provides guidance to the University’s Administration to address and mitigate compliance risk; works with internal and external communities for the collection of data and information; and reports results to the compliance program’s efforts to appropriate parties.
Duties also include the oversight of internal investigations and grievances. Areas of responsibility include institutional compliance, investigations, and reports under Title IV, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), sexual and non-sexual harassment, the Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Law), Title IX, EEO/Affirmative Action reporting, the Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA), and record retention under the direction of the General Counsel and in collaboration with functional areas. The Director serves as the University’s Title IX officer.
- Timely collect, analyze, report, and file institutional data and reports with federal and state agencies as mandated by law in areas including but not limited to: Title IV, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), sexual and non-sexual harassment, the Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Law), Title IX, EEO/Affirmative Action reporting, and the Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA);
- Serve in all responsibilities as the University’s Title IX officer;
- Collaborate with functional areas to create and maintain policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as lead projects to ensure Harrisburg University’s ongoing compliance with all applicable federal and state laws;
- Monitor legislative, regulatory, and policy matters at the federal and state levels that affect the University’s compliance efforts, staying current on new developments and disseminating information in collaboration with the University’s General Counsel concerning such developments to University leadership;
- Contribute to implementing best practices in the areas of compliance, policy development, training, and investigations;
- Develop, deliver, and implement training (both broad-based and individualized) to the Harrisburg University workforce, and assist in the development of communication programs to educate and update the Harrisburg University community on compliance, risk and/or privacy requirements;
- Develop and implement annual work plans to assess and review policies, practices, and processes with requirements;
- Develop, implement, and monitor corresponding corrective action plans;
- Provide guidance to the Administration to address and mitigate compliance risk;
- Report results of the Compliance Program’s efforts to appropriate parties;
- Administer all institutional surveys regarding compliance. Summarize and compare data from of those surveys to other results. Maintain all institutional data files;
- Assist in the design, development and coordination of various institutional, planning and assessment projects regarding compliance;
- Conduct appropriate qualitative and quantitative statistical analyses concerning compliance subject areas;
- Responsible for institutional effectiveness and improvement of compliance issues as assigned; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or a related field or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of professional, related experience in a college or university setting
- Analytic reasoning and attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- High ethical standards and an adherence to confidentiality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external communities
- Knowledge of state and federal statutes, laws and regulations, industry standards, trends and/or regulatory requirements
- At least 3 years of experience collecting, analyzing, and filing data reports with federal and state agencies
- Excellent computer skills; familiar with Microsoft office suite and databases
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume/CV to the attention of:
Erin Hill, Executive Recruiter
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
About Harrisburg University:
At Harrisburg University, students find a cutting-edge education focused on high-demand fields. HU educates career-minded individuals in the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields. We give our students the tools to succeed and shape communities. In turn, the STEM-educated workforce we produce helps stimulate the economy.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology is an independent educational institution offering innovative academic and research programs in science and technology in response to local and global needs. HU fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students looking to pursue a career in science and technology and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University: At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 250 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University's total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 4,400 as of May 1, 2017.
- Undergraduate Student Body: 49% female, 53% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report’s ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation.
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt.
- Full-time faculty with Ph.D. or Terminal Degree: 100%
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees awarded in Analytics, Biotechnology and Biosciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Interactive Media, Management & eBusiness, Geospatial Technologies, and Integrative Sciences
- Master of Science Degrees awarded in Analytics, Information Systems Engineering & Management, Learning Technologies, Computer Information Sciences, Project Management & Healthcare Informatics.
- PhD awarded in Data Analytics – first student cohort began in Fall 2017.
- Trimester system
A 30-member, independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trustees led by an Executive Committee governs Harrisburg University. The Board of Trustees delegates authority for day-to-day operations to senior management.
Notes of Distinction:
- First private nonprofit science and technology-focused institution chartered in the Commonwealth since Carnegie Mellon University
- Educational framework is competency-based, applied and experiential
- Offers Central Pennsylvania’s only master’s degrees in IT Project Management, or Learning Technologies
- The University is a Project Management Institute® registered education provider
- Home to the Center for Advanced Entertainment and Learning Technologies, The Consumer Insights Research Lab, The Government Technology Institute, The Geospatial Technology Center and The Food Science and Technology Center.
- Co-PI on NSF-funded ADVANCE grant focused on the recruitment, retention, and development of women academics in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines
Institutional Affiliations & Partnerships:
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP)
- Consortium agreements with Penn State and St. Francis University
- Articulation agreements with Harrisburg Area Community College, Community College of Baltimore County & Lehigh Carbon Community College
Located in a dynamic downtown setting, Harrisburg University connects people to a diverse and exciting community. In 2010, Money Magazine ranked Harrisburg as one of the nation’s top “Up and Coming Cities.” In 2009, the Harrisburg area was rated 12th in the “Best Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance. Forbes Magazine ranked Harrisburg as 5th among America’s most livable cities in 2010 and the area was named #2 among America’s best places to raise a family. More than 600,000 residents call the Harrisburg region home, making it the 52nd largest statistical metropolitan area in the nation.
Harrisburg is also home to the Capitol of the Commonwealth of PA. Located in the heart of a thriving, bustling downtown, HU is connected to Strawberry Square, a downtown shopping, dining and office complex that serves as the student center. The Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, which also neighbors HU, hosts an array of theatrical and concert events, in addition to displaying a rotation of mesmerizing exhibits throughout the year. Nearby Restaurant Row, and City Island, also provide countless dining, shopping, sporting and other entertainment options. We have teamed with a local developer to renovate nearby building that now serve as dormitory space. The scenic nature areas along the nearby Susquehanna River offer a relaxing escape from classes. Concerts, art festivals and shows also take place along the city’s river walk. Museums, fitness clubs, theatres and minor league baseball games are but a few of the entertainment options the HU community can take advantage of on any given day.
Apply for Director of Institutional Reporting & Compliance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly