Research Analyst, Office of Planning, Evaluation, & Institutional Research – Requisition # 180000001N
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga seeks to fulfill a position for an Institutional Research Analyst. This 12-month professional position is based in the Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Institutional Research.
The Institutional Research Analyst supports the data and analytic functions of the Office and collects, analyzes, synthesizes, and presents institutional data related to student success, operational efficacy, strategic planning, and other factors that impact UTC funding and reporting requirements for both internal and external audiences. The Analyst manages the design, maintenance, and manipulation of queries within relational databases and information systems to meet the needs of the University for data-informed decision making. The Analyst uses and implements a variety of software products and data visualization tools to conduct predictive data analyses, illustrate and interpret trends, and provide information in a logical and contextual manner for enhanced understanding, including the drafting of reports summarizing findings. The Analyst works collaboratively with other members of the Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Institutional Research team to advance the strategic use of data throughout the institution to improve the efficacy of practices that impact student success. Responsibilities may vary as data analysis needs change over time.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required in a field related or relevant to data analysis, institutional research, assessment, and/or evaluation.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in higher education team environments with specific documented experience in institutional research and higher education database systems
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with relational databases.
- Experience querying databases to illustrate trends and perform predictive analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to visualize data and provide contextual information in a logical, easy to understand manner. Experience creating dashboards, charts, and tables to visualize information.
- Experience, preferably in higher education, with creating and running reports from Banner, Argos, SAP or other similar platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS, or R, etc.
- Experience using MS Office products, including MS Power BI and Visio.
- Experience using survey software, such as Qualtrics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Exemplar interpersonal and organizational skills, and intermediate/advanced computer skills required.
- Applicants must be familiar with relational database structures and have experience creating data reporting templates, dashboards, and protocols.
- Proven aptitude for learning new skills and software applications.
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and administrators at various levels within the organization to determine the right data to answer pertinent questions.
- This person must be detail-oriented, yet flexible, with the ability to manage multiple high-level ad hoc priorities, as well as routine projects throughout the year.
Applications must be submitted electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=180000001N
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.