Administrative Assistant IV, Campus President's Office
Job Title Administrative Assistant IV, Campus President's Office
Job ID 997031
Location West Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
ADMIN - Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC)
$62,300 - $77,875
Collegewide Campus President's Office
Open Until Filled
Exempt - Not Eligible for Overtime Compensation
Provides a broad range of duties associated with the proper operation and smooth functioning in the Office of the Campus President. The Administrative Assistant IV functions as a generalist within assigned areas of responsibilities. This is a Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC) position for which an annual contract reflecting the base salary within the fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th) will be issued after ratification by Miami Dade College's District Board of Trustees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interprets and evaluates College policies and procedures relative to academic and administrative functions.
- Represents the Campus President on College committees and task forces as directed
- Organizes events for the Campus Presidents office which may include menu planning, negotiations with vendors, room coordination etc.
- Reviews relevant rules and regulations of state and federal agencies
- Prepares comprehensive reports as needed
- Handles special research projects
- Works with College leadership in coordinating the Campus Presidents schedule, events and activities
- Reviews Campus publications and official documents for accuracy and completeness
- Drafts correspondence
- Creates web copy and content as required
- Records minutes of staff meetings
- Welcomes visitors to the Office of the Campus President
- Provides direction and assistance to College personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Masters degree and three (3) years of experience; or Bachelors degree and seven (7) years of responsible professional and managerial experience
- All educational degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and polices and procedures
- Knowledge of budget preparation and Microsoft applications
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment
- This function/position has been designated as essential. This means that when the College is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover and continue operations at the College.
- This function/position has been designated as essential. This means that when the College is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at the College.