Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Physical Therapy
Job no: 493591
Position Type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Physical Therapy
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Oct 24 2017
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Massachusetts Lowell seeks a full-time tenure-track faculty member with a research program in physical therapy, exercise science, or kinesiology related area. The candidate will be appointed at the assistant, associate, or full professor level, depending upon qualifications.
The Physical Therapy Department is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, a dynamic, growing college that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields including applied, clinical and translational areas. A large research program and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. The candidate will work with internal collaborators in the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, with faculty in other colleges at UMass Lowell, with community partners, and with external academic colleagues.
The Physical Therapy Department invites applicants who have a successful track record or show significant potential to procure extramural funding to support their research programs including rehabilitation sciences, digital health, movement sciences, cardiopulmonary sciences, robotics or other physical therapy related field. Candidates who present evidence of clinical expertise and teaching in physical therapy and exercise science are especially invited to apply.
We seek applicants recognized for teaching excellence, scholarly productivity, ability to work with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Faculty are engaged in service to the college as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An academic doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DHSc, ScD) from an accredited university in a field related to physical therapy, exercise science, or kinesiology
- Evidence of research program including funding and scholarship
- Strong communication and collaborative abilities
- Postdoctoral experience
- Teaching/and or clinical experience in physical therapy (cardiopulmonary, acute care, therapeutic modalities, and/or special topics including pelvic health, orthotics, and prosthetics), applied anatomy, physiology, exercise science or similar fields
- Eligible for physical therapy licensure in the United States
- Assistant professor candidates must have a research program with a strong likelihood of funding; associate/full professor candidates must be currently tenured with a record of extramural research support
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please submit a CV, cover letter describing experience, teaching philosophy (include a description of previous teaching experience and teaching philosophy and style), publications in peer-reviewed journals (two-three samples of published work in peer-reviewed journals in the area of funding/funding potential, preferably as first author), and a research statement (include research goals, objectives and three-year research plan).
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.