Senior Salesforce Business Analyst
Job no: 493665
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: IT-Enterprise Applications
Salary: $82K - $92K, commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Oct 06 2017
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
UMass Lowell is committed to a Salesforce "Connected Campus" strategy. It is one of Information Technology's top initiatives and we seek a motivated professional to join our team. We have an exciting technology portfolio, currently including: Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Knowledgebase, Live Agent, Communities and Social Studio; Informatica Cloud; DemandTools; TargetX; SMS Magic, Conga, and SUMO.
Essential Job Duties:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to continuously develop and improve business processes and the Salesforce applications that support them.
- Work with end users to understand, translate and document their needs as business requirements and turn into implementation plans. Define and document business process and data flow.
- Serve as an expert business analyst for assigned departments and earn their trust. Provide business analysis, consulting services and support for Salesforce core functionality and related applications and integrations.
- Assess and optimize use of current technology portfolio to improve service delivery.
- Implement knowledge management strategy and self-service technologies to bring about call deflection and improved service delivery.
- Implement pro-active campaign strategies and tools to improve constituent engagement and drive faster issue resolution.
- Recommend and implement changes to existing applications. Proactively configures, develops and tests functionality and enhancements in support of business needs.
- Engage business owners during all stages of lifecycle including discovery, requirements gathering, vendor selection, design, build, test, security, and training & communication.
- Establish guidelines and standards for new applications and services. Provide project management to drive meetings and bring initiatives to closure.
- Collaborate with IT Salesforce team of analysts, developers, system administrators and partners to focus on quality designs, data, performance and usability.
- Work with department leads and IT to create/deliver Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- Leverage metrics to track and assess progress in support of continuous business process improvement.
- Participate in the governance of Salesforce application through meetings with core teams and application owners.
Meet as needed with application owners and core teams to define data ownership/stewardship, review operations, issue tracking and management, strategic direction, and areas of improvement
- Responsible for understanding the general functionality of all Enterprise Applications department supported applications and the integration points between inter/intra department systems. Assist with documenting and defining informational data flow while ensuring clear lines of ownership and data integrity controls.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or HS diploma or GED/equivalent and more than 10 years of related professional experience
- 5 years of professional work experience in an IT role
- 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst working with both business audiences and technical staff
- 3 years of Salesforce experience or comparable experience with an enterprise CRM platform
- Experience with requirements definition, business process flows, solution documentation and use case development
- 3 years of project management experience
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, communication skills and change management skills
- Ability to think strategically, use metrics and identify areas for business process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to deliver software solutions that are the result of analyzing business needs, business processes, technical requirements and software capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project tasks within deadlines.
- One or more Salesforce certifications or equivalent experience
- Ability to obtain Salesforce Administrator certification within 9 months of employment
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience with Salesforce Communities
- Experience leveraging AI to streamline customer operations and engagement services
- Experience developing and managing workflows, rules, templates, and automated communications
- Experience supporting CRM solutions within a higher education institution
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or comparable certificate
- Experience with one or more Salesforce partner products including: TargetX, Informatica Cloud, Form Assembly, SMS Magic and DemandTools
- Demonstrated experience with creating Salesforce reports
- Experience implementing self-service tools, techniques and call deflection strategies
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.