Post Doctoral Research Associate - Electrical and Computer Engineering
Job no: 493771
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Electrical & Computer Eng
Salary: $40,000 - $42,000/year
Applications Open: Oct 27 2017
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The successful applicant will conduct analytical and experimental research in the areas of metamaterials, metasurfaces, optical devices (e.g. IR and THz devices), plasmonics, and opto-electronics, and help immediate supervisor in writing scholarly articles and proposals. For more information, please contact Prof. Hualiang Zhang at [email protected]
The initial appointment will be for 1 year contingent upon funding, with a possibility of renewal based on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD (or equivalent) in electrical engineering, optical engineering, physics, or closely related field
- Strong background in electromagnetics and optics are highly preferred
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Familiar with optical device simulation tools (e.g. CST, COMSOL, ZEMAX)
- Should demonstrate a minimum number of 3 publications in the field
- Experience in optical device fabrication and characterization
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to mentor and inspire students with limited research experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
*The initial appointment will be for 1 year contingent upon funding, with a possibility of renewal based on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.