Sponsored Research Administrator
Job no: 493988
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: VC Research & Innovation
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Jan 23 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
This position supports the pre- and post-award research administration of grants and contracts for assigned units across the campus. This position will assist researchers with the submission of research proposals for external funding and with the financial and non-financial management of grant awards and contracts. This position operates as a local representative of the Office of Research Administration (ORA) and liaises with ORA on behalf of the principal investigators they are assigned to support.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree plus five years of experience, or Associate's Degree plus seven years of experience, in Research Administration
- In depth knowledge of federal, state & other funding agency/sponsor rules and regulations
- In depth knowledge of A21, A133, and Uniform Guidance
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with financial transactions (e.g. budgets, purchasing, accounts payable, travel, payroll, and accounting)
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft excel
- Will consider applicants with a high school diploma or GED equivalent and 10 + years directly related experience
- Given the nature and responsibilities of the position, only U.S. persons (any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) will be considered for this position
- Experience in pre- and post-award Research Administration in a higher education setting
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Summit financial systems
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with faculty, staff; and individuals outside the university
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent math skills
- Experience in grant administration for research funding in any of the following fields: science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.