Associate Director of Facilities Management & Plant Operations
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
- Directly report to the Director of Facilities Management & Plant Operations.
- Assist the management, supervision and maintenance of the University’s Physical Plant, capital equipment and grounds, including management of ongoing and Deferred Maintenance Programs, Custodial Services, Central Stores functions, renovations and Capital Renewal and Replacement Projects.
- Participation in the planning and operational programming of Capital Projects.
- Maintenance and Physical Plant operational responsibility of all Stockton-owned operated and occupied facilities and and off the main academic campus.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical processes, utility analysis and sustainability initiatives.
- Knowledge of skilled trades with ability to write technical and administrative proposals.
- Experience managing in an environment of labor agreements and trade unions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and understanding of applicable government regulations.
- Ensure compliance and operation of the University’s building, infrastructure and grounds.
- Must have demonstrated management capability.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of either engineering, architecture and/or relevant operations management-type programs
- 3 to 6 years of progressive responsibility for Plant Management.
- Experience in Higher Education environment.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.