Vice President for Advancement
Vice President for Advancement
Rockford University (www.Rockford.edu) is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Advancement. Reporting to the President, the Vice President oversees, guides, and monitors work of all the following positions and initiatives including direct oversight, at present, of the Director of Communications, the Director of Marketing, and the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement; is a member of the President’s Executive Council; and is responsible for Alumni Relations, Development, Communications (Internal and External; Print and Web), Government Relations and Community Relations.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Lead a team of advancement professionals, graduate assistants, undergraduate-student-support-staff, and volunteers in the ongoing development and implementation of a comprehensive and evolving plan that advances the university through marketing, communications, development, alumni programming, scheduling services and print/mail services.
- Working with direct and indirect reports to ensure implementation of the division’s annual plans.
- Monitor benchmarks for performance measured against the annual and strategic plans.
- Administrative duties at Executive Council and with the Board of Trustees.
- Serve as direct liaison to the President for his/her work in Development and Alumni.
- Maintain a personal portfolio of prospects for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Direct activities as they relate to special project fundraising, particularly capital campaign initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned or absorbed.
- Experience in fundraising, particularly in seeking major gifts and the planning essential to undertake a strong annual fund, and when appropriate a capital campaign.
- Knowledge of planned giving instruments, estate planning concepts, legal documents and tax law and its implications in the philanthropic process is preferred.
- Established record of effective public speaking and interpersonal and written communication skills is essential.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations, foundations.
- Organization, prioritization, judgment and problem-solving skills essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with various parties, including faculty, staff, students, vendors, Board of Trustees, and executives.Must also have strong networking skills.
- Strong leadership and time management skills.
- Knowledge of higher education.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- High energy self starter; must be able to take initiative with minimal guidance and be comfortable working both as an individual and as part of a team.
- The Vice President has demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
- An undergraduate degree in a related discipline along with appropriate experience, or preferably an advanced degree.
- Broad management experience (minimum of ten years) in this or related fields, including an understanding and appreciation of the impact of a University to a community.
About Rockford University:
Rockford University is a co-educational four-year private institution located in Rockford, Illinois. Chartered in 1847 as Rockford Female Seminary, the institution became Rockford College in 1892 and became fully co-educational in 1958. On July 1, 2013 the college transitioned to Rockford University. Rockford University is home to one of only 11 Phi Beta Kappa (PBK) chapters in Illinois, the most prestigious honor society in the United States. Named by The Princeton Review as a Best Midwestern College and one of only 81 colleges in the nation as a "College with a Conscience,” the University currently serves approximately 1,300 full-and part-time students. The University is pleased to continue to grow its enrollment. Best known of the university's graduates is Jane Addams (1881), founder of Chicago's Hull-House and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (1931). The University educates men and women to lead responsible lives by means of a curriculum grounded in liberal arts learning and complemented and extended by professional and practical experience. Through the total academic and co-curricular experience, Rockford University strives to prepare students for fulfilling lives, careers, and participation in a modern and changing global society. The University has approximately 80 majors, minors and concentrations, including the adult accelerated degree completion program for a B.S. in Management Studies. At the graduate level, degrees are extended to include the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT), and Master of Education (MEd).
Rockford is conveniently located in northern Illinois just 90 miles from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Chicago. Situated on a scenic riverfront, the City of Rockford is home to 150,000 people who enjoy a small-town atmosphere with the benefits of being part of a larger metropolitan population of 300,000.
Rockford University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt - Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted via email to Rockford@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references and should be submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to FEBRUARY 26, 2018 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476
Rockford University is an AA/EOE employer
Apply for Vice President for Advancement
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly